The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

Very true!
15 years 5 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

Unfortunately, we can't do anything. All we can do is include them in our prayers and hope that God puts His hand on their lives and makes them better.
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

Just when we thought it was all bad in our life, I think we should take another look at this pic. Just from looking at it, it reminds me of when my mom and grandma says "There is always someone worse off than you!":worried: This is very sad, wish I could really do something about it.
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

Wow, that really makes me feel not to take anything for granted. Thanks for that inspirational post FG!
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

I'm not trying to depress anyone, but when I was in Bosnia, I saw house after house just like this. Nearly 1/2 of all homes in the areas I patrolled were in this type of shape or worse. All of them were missing (glass) windows, and most of their roofs were also gone. Do you notice the bullet holes? These were everywhere. The sad thing was, people returned to these homes to live because they had no place to go. This is what made me know that whatever happens in my life as an American, I cannot get myself down.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Photo broken
15 years 5 months ago #5
Attachments:

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

The internet really has put information age at top speed.I've chatted with people all over the world on different websites learning about different cultures and lifestyles because of their real life experiences and comparing it to where i live and what i have and what a wonderful country we live in.:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #6

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

I've been to a few third world countries when I was enlisted in the Army. It made me realize that I really have no right to complain. It made me think really hard about how lucky we are, and so proud and lucky to be an American.
15 years 5 months ago #7

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events

thnx :cool: I was just saying that in jest because when you see pictures and hear people talk of those days makes you appreciate the little things that we take for granted and keeps things in perspective.
15 years 5 months ago #8

Don't panic :cool: ...

I agree that there will be some really difficult and surprising times ahead, but it will not be even close to "The Great Depression" as Mary stated. This is a great time to really take a look at what you're doing in life and question those things. But heh, remember to keep having a little fun in this short life we live :innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #9

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and when i go to the library an see some history pictures of those days, it really is depressing.
15 years 5 months ago #10
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

The Great Depression - A look at Significant Events was created by marylan73

Re: https://www.financeglobe.com/blog/latest-blogs/The-Great-Depression-A-Look-at-Significant-Events

Since the media has used the D-word more often lately, I wrote this article for those of you who may be interested in some of the events surrounding the market crash of 1929 and leading into the Great Depression.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 5 months ago #11