President Bush Says They're Making Progress

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: President Bush Says They're Making Progress

FG, I agree with you on that one. Trade is what makes up this economy. There are way too many products from China and Mexico coming in here. If we keep buying American goods, then there will be income circulating within the U.S. and that'll have the wheels movin'. All businesses are connected to each other in some way. When one manufacturer begins to experience a pick-up in business, then we shall all inherit the same.
15 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: President Bush Says They're Making Progress

My thoughts on our "must have" list:

1. Stabilize this mortgage mess to restore confidence in homeowners and the markets. I think there are a few good ways to do this.

2. Drill drill drill... Convert to recyclable energy. Keeping our own money will give our economy a great boost that we really need. We are trading expendable oil for our US companies! What are we doing, and why did we let this happen? Take a look: http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/mcrimus1a.htm

3. Unfortunately, what happens on Wall St will come down to Main St. When the financial system is in turmoil, we the people will pay. Wall St. is the Ford plant, GM, GE, our banks, our jobs... This has to be stabilized, without rewarding the companies and execs that were involved in this ripple effect. I'm not sure if the 700 billion dollar deal will be the medicine we need, but we have to think very smart and very fast. Where is our government anyway? I don't care if the session at congress is ending this Friday, the govt needs to work until a real solution is found and put into our economy/system.

4. Spend and buy American. If you can do it without anxiety, then you are really helping our country in a time of need.
15 years 6 months ago #2

Personally, I don't think neither president is ready to tackle the issues going on. I think Obama has the right idea but doesn't have the experience to take us out of the hole we are in right now.

As for McCain, he's following way too much of George Bush's steps and I don't know if he is right for the job either.

I don't mean to create tension by any means but I'm just expressing my point of views.

Thanks for the post Mary Tomkins.
15 years 6 months ago #3
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Replied by marylan73 on topic Re: President Bush Says They're Making Progress

hjm331 - I completely agree with you and I'm sure that most Americans do. The next president really has a big mess to clean up.
15 years 6 months ago #4

The thing that has me baffled is the fact that they gave AIG a $80 billion loan but can't help their own people when they need the money more. This is definitely an insult.
15 years 6 months ago #5

If his intentions are to become the worst president in American History, he's already accomplished that. If he's attempting to the run this country to the ground, he's making progress without a doubt.
15 years 6 months ago #6
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

President Bush Says They're Making Progress was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 6 months ago #7