Food Costs Keep Rising

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Food Costs Keep Rising

I love the Sarah Lee Bread, and it cost $4.99 at my grocery store. I got it from Walmart for $2.99, so I purchased 5 of them and froze 4.:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Food Costs Keep Rising

Don't even tell me about rising food prices. I see it all the time at my grocery store. The customers are always whining about the price of bread (I work in the bakery department). My Italian bread used to be $1.59 when I started to years ago, now it's $2.49.
15 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Food Costs Keep Rising

Your last paragraph made my eyes buckle "
Corn is an important commodity. Much of our food is made of corn, or made with corn products like snacks, cereal, candy bars, breads, corn syrup, and corn oil. Much of the livestock to produce meat, dairy, and eggs are primarily fed corn for quick weight gain. Our dependency on corn will hit our wallets now that the supply is threatened."[/u] I was just mentioning the price of oil at Safeway being $7.99 without the club reward card. Everything you mention goes on my buggy(s) when I grocery shop and I am finding myself passing up majority of the things that I used to purchase. Business knows that the consumer is going to select the alternative when name brand products take a rise. Now the off brand products (or alternative products) are increasing.

What is next, do we have to grow our own crops or cluck cows across the heads and process them ourselves? Although this is just a joke about the cows, I am taking a serious impact in my wallet at the grocery store.Since I can not change my eating plan, I am going to just have to face it.
15 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Food Costs Keep Rising

Don't remind me
15 years 8 months ago #4
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Food Costs Keep Rising was created by marylan73

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 8 months ago #5