TransUnion Offers Settlement on Class Action Lawsuit

Replied by cireone on topic Re: TransUnion Offers Settlement on Class Action Lawsuit

HEy I got something like that website through the mail. Last year one of the credit card companies i have a card with had their system breached by an employee of a third party outsourced company that collected data for them. I luckily was not one of the cardholders to have their information stolen but was re-issued a brand new card for security purposes. Well sometime after that I received a post card in the mail that said that because of what happened a class-action lawsuit was filed and won. So part of the settlement was that anyone who rceived a new crd had the chance to get free identity theft and credit monitoring service for a year. It seemed strange as the return address simply stated Dept of Justice but address was somewhere in Oregon. So I did more research went to the website provided and it said that to fullfill my claim I had to tell them my account number in which I was re-issued a card. HMMMM,......a bit strange that they want this information. Well, Ive searched more and no other info was available. So i passed it off as a scam and shredded the mailing and threw it away. Anyone received this in the mail??????
15 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: TransUnion Offers Settlement on Class Action Lawsuit

That page looks scary to me. It also is registered under a hardware company. :scared: :scared: Thanks for the info, but I think I will pass on that one!
15 years 6 months ago #2
  • marylan73
  • marylan73's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

TransUnion Offers Settlement on Class Action Lawsuit was created by marylan73

Re:
https://www.financeglobe.com/blog/latest-blogs/TransUnion-Offers-Settlement-on-Class-Action-Lawsuit

Register soon! You could get free credit monitoring from TransUnion for six to nine months!
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: URL Change
15 years 6 months ago #3