GTE Federal Credit Union

Replied by FrankN on topic GTE Rates

Goldbug wrote:

FrankN wrote: And remember interest rates should not be important because you should never get a credit card and not pay it off every month!

Reward schemes are important even if you pay it off every month, because if you get it right, they will pay you for using their card instead of you paying them. I am a firm believer in people giving me money.

Completely agree, you should evaluate the rewards program and not worry about the interest rate charged because you plan to pay it off every month!
7 years 19 hours ago #1

Replied by Goldbug on topic GTE Rates

FrankN wrote: And remember interest rates should not be important because you should never get a credit card and not pay it off every month!

Reward schemes are important even if you pay it off every month, because if you get it right, they will pay you for using their card instead of you paying them. I am a firm believer in people giving me money.
7 years 1 week ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic GTE Rates

And remember interest rates should not be important because you should never get a credit card and not pay it off every month!
7 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by Curry on topic GTE Rates

Times have changed. I was just on their site, and the lowest rate they have for their Platinum Visa now is 8.24. All of their rates do look very competitive though, so yes, you would have to have a VERY good credit score.
7 years 7 months ago #4
  • patrick12
  • patrick12's Avatar Topic Author

was created by patrick12

If anyone is looking for a credit union that offers great services and low rates I encourage you to check out GTE Financial Credit Union, I have a platinum Visa card with them and at a VERY low rate! They offer checking and savings as well and they are open to anyone in the US as long as you join CU savers which they pay the $10 fee to get you started! They do pull a hard on Equifax for membership and also for loans and credit cards, however, they seem to be BK friendly from what I have read on other discussion boards, one thing I love the most is their platinum Visa rate is as low as 6.99%! Thats the lowest I have seen a credit card rate! I encourage everyone to atleast check them out, I think you will all be suprised at just how great this credit union is! https://www.gtefinancial.org/
11 years 2 weeks ago #5