What's a good credit monitoring service?

Replied by hanna on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

The Free credit report site gives you FAKO scores....your credit union is, likely, giving you an EQ FICO score. That is like comparing a photo of a Ferrari to sitting in the real deal.

One looks nice, but it's not real. Get it?

NO lender uses fake scores & that is what the free site gives you.

Just google "experian fico", you'll see, consumers can no longer get it unless it's from a lender pull.

BungalowMo, I like how you likened fake scores with with the of looking at a Ferrari photo and sitting on the real deal. :white-flag:
13 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by BungalowMo on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

I appreciate that Wanderer, but I forgot to specify freecreditreport.com offers Experian reports & scores to me right now. I prefer to see different bureaus. My credit union has this new feature where I get to see my Equifax score each month free (1st of the month only), I have noticed it's always lower than my Experian! I don't know why... My Experian is 718 and last known Equifax is 668. That's 50 points difference! So I want to focus on improving that score specifically.

The Free credit report site gives you FAKO scores....your credit union is, likely, giving you an EQ FICO score. That is like comparing a photo of a Ferrari to sitting in the real deal.

One looks nice, but it's not real. Get it?

NO lender uses fake scores & that is what the free site gives you.

Just google "experian fico", you'll see, consumers can no longer get it unless it's from a lender pull.
13 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by JoeArg29 on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

Joeyman - the service I referenced allows for a three bureau report with scores from all three bureaus with reports and comparisons. Also, my scores vary as much as you mentioned for yourself. Part of it is years of credit reporting and average account aging. Example, where Experian shows me at 19 years as the oldest account and Equifax dropped the oldest as the credit reporter dropped it so it says 10 years and a lower average. They are both right based on what is reported to the bureau. To follow, not all creditors report to all three bureaus and they may let a closed account fall of the report sooner at one than the other (generally ten years but it varies). Not necessairly wrong just the way it is. It throws my scores off 45 points between the two (I checked my scores today). To follow this I challenged one active credit reporter and they told me they only report to one bureau (and that is how it is) and another credit reporter that reports one of my closed accounts said that's the way it is. Hmm... The real world! The credit bureaus told me they were right and I needed to understand they couldn't be forced to do it otherwise. You have just heard about the real world and all credit reporting is not the same but legal.

I use TRUE CREDIT, and Equifax Score Watch and iD Alert...Equifax gives you a TRUE FICO, and has an option to pull all three reports and rankings which will show you a probable score in relation to your FICO on Equifax. I Highly recommend this service, you can lock your report, update daily,, and they MONITOR like no other! True credit is FAKO scores, but I like it because it watches TU better than EQ service. So I stay with them. It can be pricey but I love EQ service, and TU love the ability to lock and unlock your credit! Experian needs to get up to par! both tu and eq serive allows you to lock WITH NO PAYMENT. experian charges 10 to Lock and 10 to unlock unless you can significantly provide a plethora of support you had ID theft. Just my opinion, but I without doubt, say you should get Equifax serive, either ID patrol or Scorewatch!
13 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

I appreciate that Wanderer, but I forgot to specify freecreditreport.com offers Experian reports & scores to me right now. I prefer to see different bureaus. My credit union has this new feature where I get to see my Equifax score each month free (1st of the month only), I have noticed it's always lower than my Experian! I don't know why... My Experian is 718 and last known Equifax is 668. That's 50 points difference! So I want to focus on improving that score specifically.

Oo, so as you may have read my Capital One card suffered some fraud. When I checked my credit report recently, the month of June or July has "No data." Is this because I was issued a new card number? I didn't know this prior... because I actually had my credit union card re-issued with a new number as well, for security reasons. I believe the fraud came from an online game I subscribed to. Which both cards had been used with.

Joeyman - the service I referenced allows for a three bureau report with scores from all three bureaus with reports and comparisons. Also, my scores vary as much as you mentioned for yourself. Part of it is years of credit reporting and average account aging. Example, where Experian shows me at 19 years as the oldest account and Equifax dropped the oldest as the credit reporter dropped it so it says 10 years and a lower average. They are both right based on what is reported to the bureau. To follow, not all creditors report to all three bureaus and they may let a closed account fall of the report sooner at one than the other (generally ten years but it varies). Not necessairly wrong just the way it is. It throws my scores off 45 points between the two (I checked my scores today). To follow this I challenged one active credit reporter and they told me they only report to one bureau (and that is how it is) and another credit reporter that reports one of my closed accounts said that's the way it is. Hmm... The real world! The credit bureaus told me they were right and I needed to understand they couldn't be forced to do it otherwise. You have just heard about the real world and all credit reporting is not the same but legal. :worried: Oh you may need to contact the credit bureau(s) and see if you can obtain equality between your reports (get the info the same). I have tried and it is as close as they are willing to go for me. Another point... if the credit reporting information is correct the bureaus will investigate but based on the accuracy of the findings may NOT change the credit report (I just challenged one and it stood as reported).
13 years 7 months ago #4
  • Joeyman
  • Joeyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

Frankly Joeyman, I recommend you contact USAA Federal Savings Bank FSB out of Texas. They have excellent products and for your question it is called "Credit Check Monitoring Premium from Experian" which is a premier monitoring service for $12.25 a month that is the "...cat's meow...". Truth, you might even be interested in their credit card, banking and investment products too. Look them up on the web at www.usaa.com and give them a call. I switched out of the big boy banks to them and have NO regrets!!!

Oo, so as you may have read my Capital One card suffered some fraud. When I checked my credit report recently, the month of June or July has "No data." Is this because I was issued a new card number? I didn't know this prior... because I actually had my credit union card re-issued with a new number as well, for security reasons. I believe the fraud came from an online game I subscribed to. Which both cards had been used with. :upset:
13 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: What's a good credit monitoring service?

Hey all,

I've been using the freecreditreport.com service for over a year now... The only reason I stuck with them was because when I called to cancel a year ago they offered the service to me at 50% off (for one full year!). Well that year is up. I want a new service, any suggestions on any? I want to spend around $15/month and be able to get unlimited credit reports (with scores).

Thanks.

Frankly Joeyman, I recommend you contact USAA Federal Savings Bank FSB out of Texas. They have excellent products and for your question it is called "Credit Check Monitoring Premium from Experian" which is a premier monitoring service for $12.25 a month that is the "...cat's meow...". Truth, you might even be interested in their credit card, banking and investment products too. Look them up on the web at www.usaa.com and give them a call. I switched out of the big boy banks to them and have NO regrets!!! :cash:
13 years 7 months ago #6
  • Joeyman
  • Joeyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by Joeyman

Hey all,

I've been using the freecreditreport.com service for over a year now... The only reason I stuck with them was because when I called to cancel a year ago they offered the service to me at 50% off (for one full year!). Well that year is up. I want a new service, any suggestions on any? I want to spend around $15/month and be able to get unlimited credit reports (with scores).

Thanks.
13 years 7 months ago #7