Denied because they coud not identify me!

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

I have not had this issue, I guess it is because I never gave out my email on the application (unless online). ....oh wait, GEMB does that, they say something about having a decision in 48hrs or so. They have done this on a lot of my friends who applied online.
15 years 7 months ago #1
  • sg2416
  • sg2416's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

I went into the GAP store and was approved after answering several questions from the credit department. This same thing of not being approved because they could not identify me happened with Lowes and Old Navy. I have not been to their stores yet. Oh yeah, I applied online to these stores. Also, has anyone had the credit department email you with their credit decisions. I have, with all three GEMB stores.

Just wanted to give an update!
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

Hey Kmoney, didnt a few people here say that they had a hard time trying to get approved for a gap card? I could have sworn I seen that somewhere in here. So far I see that the approvals were]Cassey346[/COLOR]
2. Scotty
3. KellBell
4. DM
5. Beanciapoo

I wonder if they ran across this problem

Meya I don't know but I remember I used to have a hard problem with one of my credit reports because they would say I couldn't be identified[/quote]
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

I got the same result applying for a WalMart card :upset:

It seems to only happen with GEMB. I'm gonna call on Monday - following Meya's advice...
15 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

Hey Kmoney, didnt a few people here say that they had a hard time trying to get approved for a gap card? I could have sworn I seen that somewhere in here. So far I see that the approvals were:

1. Cassey346
2. Scotty
3. KellBell
4. DM
5. Beanciapoo

I wonder if they ran across this problem :worried:
15 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

I pray that all goes well for you and I hope that you get the Gap card
15 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

Yes, Wal-mart-Discover. I called and specifically asked for a credit analyst and told the person on the phone that I applied for credit and believed that I could not be identified so I need to speak to a credit analyst.

I had to talk to 2 different people before I got the right dept. They asked me a few Lexus-Nexus questions i.e did you ever own a 1997 Dodge Stratus, Toyota Corrolla, Saturn etc, Which St did you ever live on or currently live on - 4 choices,

I answered correctly and then they said, I was approved.
15 years 8 months ago #7
  • sg2416

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Denied because they coud not identify me!

I will let you know what happens, thanks for the reply!
15 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Denied because they could not identify me!

Why don't you give them a call and ask them what did they need to know about you? Sometimes reps make typo's and so does pc's. I would definitely call them and ask those questions asap. Usually when I hear this story, a csr calls you and ask a few questions and then you are approved.:confused:
15 years 8 months ago #9
  • sg2416

was created by sg2416

My Question is, has anyone had a credit card company indicate they could not identify them therefore, they could not extend credit to you. The bad part about this whole situation is I already have accounts with three of their cards.

Anyway, I was just applying for a Gap department store card so I could buy gifts for my grandchildren. I already have with GEMB all new cards......JC Pennys, Dillards and Walmart and they could not identify me!:scared:
15 years 8 months ago #10