How to improve your credit rating?

Replied by Meya on topic Re: How to improve your credit rating?

5/20/2009
14 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by Eldarwen on topic There are a few ways

There are a few ways to do this.

1. Never ever pay late again. It drags your credit way down.
2. Pay off your current debt. You may have to set a deadline and make a budget to achieve this.
3. Always pay more than the minimum, Even if it is only 5 dollars, you will not be paying them off for 30 years. There are plenty of articals out there that can explain it better.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by smcc on topic Good Morning Cymru: The first thing

Good Morning Cymru:

The first thing I would do is those creditors that you have defaulted with, is to catch up on your payments and continue to stay current. If they have went to collections, I would still pay them off. Most would let them stay on their credit and have them drop off over time but that depends on the age of the collection accounts. If your thinking about financing a car/home, the lender will want you to pay them off.
As far as improving your credit score, HJM331 said it best, "Time and Patience" with continued on time payments will raise your score.
15 years 11 months ago #3

was created by Cymru

Hi,

My credit rating is not the best in the world but over the past 3 years I have defaulted on any payments etc, I was wondering do you know how you can improve your credit ratings?
15 years 11 months ago #4