Do you have to have a credit card?

Replied by Eldarwen on topic You are so correct! It

You are so correct! It is a shame that if someone has the cash for whatever they want, they are still considered untrusted in America without having credit. After our economy took a recent hit, I think our govenrment want us to have credit so they can find a way to tear us up. Who can we trust? Now all I see is the Uncle sam signs saying "We want YOU" I think he meant those with credit....lol.

Of course they want our buisness. That is why I have 1 mastercard, 2 visas, 1 Amex, 1 Discover, and Victoria's Secret. I am playing them off each other.
15 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic You are so correct! It

You are so correct! It is a shame that if someone has the cash for whatever they want, they are still considered untrusted in America without having credit. After our economy took a recent hit, I think our govenrment want us to have credit so they can find a way to tear us up. Who can we trust? Now all I see is the Uncle sam signs saying "We want YOU" I think he meant those with credit....lol.
15 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by lndbar5 on topic I also found out, you

I also found out, you can't do anything without a credit card. It is the way of our world, now. And, it is best to have 2 good ones. Some companies can put a hold on your credit card. And, when you're on vacation, that's not good! Citi is also a good card. But, I think I would start with your local bank. Go slowly and work your way up to a good cli. Good Luck.
15 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic No problem, please keep me

No problem, please keep me posted at all times!
:fun: :fun: :cheesing:
16 years 2 weeks ago #4
  • mrsjprice
  • mrsjprice's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Thank you Meya for your

Thank you Meya for your patience in trying to help, it's much appreciated. I might try the link you gave me on my mum's computer later this week. If I do I'll let you know how it goes. I'll keep popping back in the meantime to see if there is any other solution.
16 years 2 weeks ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic You don't have to pay

You don't have to pay at https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/resources/annualcreditreport
I am just not understanding why she can not get her personal info. Do you know where she can turn to? I will give you some bad news mrsprice, nearly all of the sites are going to ask for a credit card # even if you are giong to see it for free, you just have to cancell it in a timely fashion. The only free site that I know of that does not ask for a cc is the link I just gave you. Hold on, you will get some help from someone even if FG have to come in and help you.
16 years 2 weeks ago #6

Replied by crirep2 on topic You have to pay for

You have to pay for your credit score.

It is as simple as that.

There are no free sites for your credit scores.

myfico.com is the only legitimate credit scores, all the other ones are bogus.
16 years 2 weeks ago #7
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic Try freecreditreport.com It's only 13 bux

Try freecreditreport.com

It's only 13 bux a month and you could pull your experian report daily. You also get a 30 day free trial so it's worth a try to say the least.

Thanks for the link but I'll have to leave it for now, got no money till the end of the month, so I might have a look at it then. But if anyone has any other 'free' sites please let me know.
16 years 2 weeks ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Try freecreditreport.com It's only 13 bux

Try freecreditreport.com

It's only 13 bux a month and you could pull your experian report daily. You also get a 30 day free trial so it's worth a try to say the least.
16 years 2 weeks ago #9
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I thought I would check

I thought I would check the site again just incase it was being tempermental, but nope no joy. To be honest I wouldn't know how to check my browser as I'm connecting off a iPod touch. Maybe I'm just not allowed on there because I'm in the UK.
16 years 2 weeks ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic Whooooa! I never heard this

Whooooa! I never heard this before! SOMEBODY HEEEEELPPP! PLEASE! This is very new to me mrsiprice, hopefully you will get an answer while you are still signed in.
:scared: :scared: :scared:
In the meantime, have you checked your web browser international cb's? I thought it was the same for everyone.
:dumbfounded: :confused: :suicide:
16 years 2 weeks ago #11
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic The link you gave me

The link you gave me to check my credit rating. It says I have to be in the united states to view the credit check website. Do you had any other free ones I could check?
16 years 2 weeks ago #12

Replied by Meya on topic Which one? Enterprise?

Which one? Enterprise?
16 years 2 weeks ago #13
  • mrsjprice

Replied by mrsjprice on topic I went to that website

I went to that website but it won't let me connect. 'This site is only accesible through Isps in the united states'. That's a shame do you have any more sites that I can check my credit rating for free?
16 years 2 weeks ago #14

Replied by Meya on topic This is the reason why

This is the reason why I deal with Enterprise only. I was stranded in L.A. CA over Avis doing this to me. They put a $500 hold on a small bucket and I decided to get a bigger car because more people were traveling than expected. They took the car back and put me in a bigger one, and then re-authorized $600 on my card bringing me over the limit.

When I got to the Hotel, I went to get something to eat and my card was declined because of the high authorizations. I had to call my ccc and they did me some justice by contacting AVIS in San Francisco so they could release the first authorization, but luckily the ccc did both. I was maddder than two bulls after red.
:upset: :upset: :upset: :suicide:
16 years 2 weeks ago #15