confused on credit scores please help

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: confused on credit scores please help

I was most pleased with Equifax Complete.
13 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: confused on credit scores please help

I'm happy with freecreditreport.com. Sure, their scores are "FAKO" but it helps me stay on top of my credit.
13 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by vmoore0607 on topic Re: confused on credit scores please help

So which monitoring system is the best? I am currently using the transunion truecredit and the myfico
13 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: confused on credit scores please help

Well said Wanderer! :relieved:
13 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: confused on credit scores please help

i have had myfico scorewatch for about a year now and they r giving eq score. i also have triple advantage ex. usually my ex score is higher than myfico eq score until 3 months ago when they were reverse. curiosity have me pull my tu report with score for 3 cra...and surprisingly the are 640 ex, 650 eq,and 680 TU...now im really confused....need a cc and dont know which to apply for.

Yeah.. appreciate your confusion. My answer is clearly going to be confusion. Believe it or not the three credit bureaus do not figure your credit report the same (similar). They each have their own scoring models that they believe most accurately represents a credit user. Now that said, many of the credit companies offering monitoring services and the like also use their own credit scoring systems (similar) but not exactly the same. Then you add in that they are not all using the same year (like 2010). Some use other year models. So... the long and the short of it you will not get the exact same results. All information being equal... they will be close. Remember credit reporting and marketing is a business so we want our users to believe we have the best model for predicting credit performance (results evaluation rests with the user). :scared:
13 years 4 months ago #5
  • tc2771
  • tc2771's Avatar Topic Author

was created by tc2771

i have had myfico scorewatch for about a year now and they r giving eq score. i also have triple advantage ex. usually my ex score is higher than myfico eq score until 3 months ago when they were reverse. curiosity have me pull my tu report with score for 3 cra...and surprisingly the are 640 ex, 650 eq,and 680 TU...now im really confused....need a cc and dont know which to apply for.
13 years 4 months ago #6