Got approved for discover

Replied by JoeArg29 on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Discover is good to have but it is not the best card in my stable. I find that they are very conservative with limits and are not too keen on giving CLI's. I am not too thrilled with the rewards on my Discover More. The 5% cash back can be annoying because you have to either call them or log in to thier website to register for the 5% categories. It does seem like the 5% categories or shopping online for the cashback bonus can be irritating because the selection for me is limited because I don't shop in a good most of these places. I have to give them kudos for having the best customer service that isn't outsourced.

THEY HAVE BY FAR THE BEST Customer service!!!! Love this card, its my favorite though has one of my lowest credit lines, they are conservative. Aside from that have had the card for 8 YEARS, and not once not even once did they give me a probelm whatsoever! Kudos to the execs at Discover, btw unlike every other card issuer, Discover took NO TARP MONEY
13 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Discover is good to have but it is not the best card in my stable. I find that they are very conservative with limits and are not too keen on giving CLI's. I am not too thrilled with the rewards on my Discover More. The 5% cash back can be annoying because you have to either call them or log in to thier website to register for the 5% categories. It does seem like the 5% categories or shopping online for the cashback bonus can be irritating because the selection for me is limited because I don't shop in a good most of these places. I have to give them kudos for having the best customer service that isn't outsourced.
13 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Here is an example how great Discover can be to their customers.the day the credit card act was started(Feb 22) i used my card to make a purchase and was declined, so i called and was told it was a system glitch and they apologized and i accepted. Well a little over a week i received a 100 gift card from them(which they did not have to do)and i said this is what i read about Discover and how good they treat their customers

Nice! Maybe I should consider my next card a Discover, rather, an American Express. :confused:
13 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Here is an example how great Discover can be to their customers.the day the credit card act was started(Feb 22) i used my card to make a purchase and was declined, so i called and was told it was a system glitch and they apologized and i accepted. Well a little over a week i received a 100 gift card from them(which they did not have to do)and i said this is what i read about Discover and how good they treat their customers

That's pretty awesome! Now that's top-notch customer service!
13 years 8 months ago #4

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Here is an example how great Discover can be to their customers.the day the credit card act was started(Feb 22) i used my card to make a purchase and was declined, so i called and was told it was a system glitch and they apologized and i accepted. Well a little over a week i received a 100 gift card from them(which they did not have to do)and i said this is what i read about Discover and how good they treat their customers.:white-flag:
13 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Discover is a great card and they are working to get acceptance at more places. Almost everywhere I go accepts Discover.

Incidently, Discover was the HARDEST card for me to obtain. By age 20 I had Visa's, MasterCard's and even an American Express but it took 4 applications to finally be approved for a Discover at age 21. Take care of it and use it wisely!
13 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Congrats! I agree with the others, Discover is a great card to have in your wallet and they will take care of you as long as you take care of them, trust me!
13 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Wow, boy am I surprised. Im 18 years old, its my first credit card. Credit limit is $500, but thats fine for me... wasnt expecting to be approved for a credit card at all. Is Discover a good one to have?

Awesome!!! Slowly does it as you are building a quality foundation of credit.
13 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Got approved for discover

Have had a Discover More card for probably a year. Good card to have especially at your age. Use it wisely and responsibly and you will have a good start to creating a positive credit history.

Again, congrats !
13 years 8 months ago #9
  • sspock
  • sspock's Avatar Topic Author

was created by sspock

Wow, boy am I surprised. Im 18 years old, its my first credit card. Credit limit is $500, but thats fine for me... wasnt expecting to be approved for a credit card at all. Is Discover a good one to have?
13 years 8 months ago #10