New/Recent Approvals

Replied by hanna on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

I would rather it say "closed by consumer" than "closed by grantor" in case in the far future (LOL!!!) a potential creditor do a manual review. FICO does not care about the label but lenders do in a manual review.

lol...i agree. give them the boot first. :cheesing:
13 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

just one paid collection from 2006, a few inquiries....EQ score 690 and TR score is 711.....not sure of EX.

Sweet deal! Might be a good idea to lay off the inquiries for a while. I didn't take my own advice and now I can't pull my report for anything, because all I see is my scores continuing to drop......
14 years 1 hour ago #2

Replied by Faith on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

just one paid collection from 2006, a few inquiries....EQ score 690 and TR score is 711.....not sure of EX.
14 years 1 day ago #3

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Approved on 4/23 for Ann Taylor MasterCard, New York and Company MasterCard and Wal-Mart Discover card.

That's awesome news. What were your scores at the time of approvals? Any negative info your CR? Thanks.
14 years 1 day ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Way to go Faith! Did you add this to the Credit Card Reviews? If not here is the link: https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/credit-card-reviews.shtml
14 years 2 days ago #5

Replied by Faith on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Approved on 4/23 for Ann Taylor MasterCard, New York and Company MasterCard and Wal-Mart Discover card.
14 years 2 days ago #6

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Yikes! I guess I didn't know about all the catches. I've only been to bank's site once. I just saw 7.9% and was confused.

Yeah, it is 7.49% for 36 months then 9.99% variable thereafter (and I am sure that Prime Rate will go up in 3 years, so it will probably be about 12% at that point). Not a bad deal to be honest, but I think that they should just make their Visa Gold the low rate card. Plus I think the whole "Promise" concept and design are a bit cheesy.
14 years 4 days ago #7

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Sarcastic? What did I say that was sarcastic? PenFeds rates being too high for credit cards? No, I am serious. They just introduced that Promise card but I think it is cheesy, plus the 7.9% apr is only good for three years or something. I love that credit union, they have great rates on loans, but their credit cards not so much. Take their Visa Gold, no rewards, just a basic Visa Gold, 12.49%. Their Platinum Cash Back card is at 13.99% which is decent for a reward card. But as it is, my BofA Visa Gold is at 9.9% fixed, BofA Visa Signature 8.24% variable, Amex Blue 9.24% variable and Capital One is 10.9% fixed. So at the moment, I cannot justify closing one of those older accounts with better rates for a new account with a rate that I am not crazy about. My other credit union, Security Service, does have an 8.9% card. That would probably be what I go for.

Yikes! I guess I didn't know about all the catches. I've only been to bank's site once. I just saw 7.9% and was confused.
14 years 5 days ago #8

Ha Ha! ColoNative - you are a prime player to have it like that

You don't have that when you log in? It has been there for months now, and even on my statements they say I am approved for things. I really want to take advantage of that 3.99% for car loans.
14 years 5 days ago #9

I have a credit union visa -- with only 18 months credit history -- my rate is 9.5%. Not to mention I can make instant payments from my checking & savings accounts.

Maybe ColoNative was being sarcastic? I don't know. XD

Sarcastic? What did I say that was sarcastic? PenFeds rates being too high for credit cards? No, I am serious. They just introduced that Promise card but I think it is cheesy, plus the 7.9% apr is only good for three years or something. I love that credit union, they have great rates on loans, but their credit cards not so much. Take their Visa Gold, no rewards, just a basic Visa Gold, 12.49%. Their Platinum Cash Back card is at 13.99% which is decent for a reward card. But as it is, my BofA Visa Gold is at 9.9% fixed, BofA Visa Signature 8.24% variable, Amex Blue 9.24% variable and Capital One is 10.9% fixed. So at the moment, I cannot justify closing one of those older accounts with better rates for a new account with a rate that I am not crazy about. My other credit union, Security Service, does have an 8.9% card. That would probably be what I go for.
14 years 5 days ago #10

Replied by atthelake1 on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Thanks for the reply Honeyb. My scores aren't quite there yet. Still doing the rebuilding process here. I am hoping that within the next 8-12 months I will be able to get to your level. The 700 club sounds sweet.
14 years 5 days ago #11

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Joeyman - 9.5% interest in any climate is great. Few credit cards even have that low a rate as their bottom rate. Nice... :cool:
14 years 1 week ago #12

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

I have a credit union visa -- with only 18 months credit history -- my rate is 9.5%. Not to mention I can make instant payments from my checking & savings accounts.

Maybe ColoNative was being sarcastic? I don't know. XD
14 years 1 week ago #13
  • honeyb
  • honeyb's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Congrats! Whenever I log onto PenFed there is a link of everything I am approved for. Car loans, RV Loans and credit cards. I have not bitten yet because I think their credit card rates are too high. But they are a great credit union.

Ha Ha! ColoNative - you are a prime player to have it like that.:cool: The PenFed Promise Visa is 7.24% and the rest I believe is around 13.99% unless you miss a payment and the APR will default to 17.99%. CU APR does not go any higher than 18%, so I heard. Go ahead, take the plunge!!!

Atthelake1 - my scores for TU was probably a little lower than 693 and EQ around 700 give or take a few points. I had been on a mini-spree so I was granted approvals before app'ing for PenFed and I am quite sure that my scores dropped during the spree. However, my util is only 1% overall and I have many accounts of which I have closed quite a bit of them within the past three weeks and have replaced them with higher limit and prime cards. They also will use the same CR they pulled for your intial membership for the next 60 days so there will be no additional pulls. Because I just app'ed a year after membership, they will use this hard pull for the next 60 days and I can apply for other products - no guarantees unless they are approved offers like our ColoNative:cheesing:
14 years 1 week ago #14

Replied by Meya on topic Re: New/Recent Approvals

Meya - don't loose your shoe (get your foot in the door?). Nice...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 1 week ago #15