Capital one added a annual fee now, what the heck?

• rlee1918
  • rlee1918's Avatar Topic Author

was created by rlee1918

Okay, so I've had my account for over two years, not late, always paid tons more than the minimum, recently the lowered my APR from 24.90% to 4.40% without even me asking, it was after I made 13 on time payments, because 12 months ago I paid a dollar under the minimum and it jacked up my rates, well now this month I see they added a Annual fee on to my account of $39.00 now for the past two and a half years I've never had a annual fee on my account, how can they legally just add one all of a sudden?

I called and they told me they don't see any annual fee's ever on any of my statements, yet they are telling me that the offer I signed up for 2 and a half years ago stated there was a annual fee, one of the guys tried telling me sometimes you get no AF for 2 years and than you do, huh? when did they start doing this? So I got the supervisor to refund the AF but still I'm sure next year I will be fighting to get it reversed, I just don't get how they can do this to me, I have two accounts my other account has a AF and this one never did, the one with the AF was $300 limit, this was one $750, now with the new credit card laws, because I never had one before, and they waived it this time, legally they should not be able to charge me one correct? any ideas would help out.. as I am so confused.
14 years 1 month ago #1