Highest and Lowest APR

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

You bring up and interesting point... I did review the website you referenced and see many approvals go back before 2009 but it isn't iron clad that Chase would deny you. Based on my following the postings on this website and on my own experiences it is tough to get a major credit card with a BK on the record but, as you pointed out NOT totally impossible. Glad you pointed that out. I have had terrible luck myself even eight years out from a BK. You are right that Citi ignored my BK since it was older than seven years. Good discussion. Frankly in today's environment the applicant has to weight the effects of a hard credit pull and the risk (if there is any) of the effect on their credit report. :dumbfounded:
14 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

Chase? Bk's? They are closing former Wamu customers who never had BK, and to hear that they are approving people who have it is a shocker.
14 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

Highest & Lowest Interest Rates? Yeah...

This is an ever changing window. By the time this post is on the web the one I might mention as lowest rate just increased their rates. Unlike the old days technology has allowed the issuers to follow what others issuers are doing and rate changes are an ongoing evolution (I have been following the rates). Trying to get a new credit card in today's environment is not easy and the rates and benefits change so often that does it pay?

I know for a fact with your scores and the length of your bankruptcy that you will be just fine for a Chase card, if you go to www.whogavemecredit.com . you will see people with prior BKs are getting chase credit cards. Citi, I dont think they even look at BKs after 7 years, as long as you have solid credit. Same with GE Money Bank, they never say they wont approve you with a prior BK they only say if you have these items it might decrease your chance off approval.
14 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

Highest & Lowest Interest Rates? Yeah...

This is an ever changing window. By the time this post is on the web the one I might mention as lowest rate just increased their rates. Unlike the old days technology has allowed the issuers to follow what others issuers are doing and rate changes are an ongoing evolution (I have been following the rates). Trying to get a new credit card in today's environment is not easy and the rates and benefits change so often that does it pay? :white-flag:You can use many of the various on line services to look at rates from card issuers and see if you can qualify only to see the rate creep up the next log on. It is a game... Over time the major banks used to be pretty consistent except in the extras' they offered for product enhancements. Something that really bothers me is that slowly with time there are less and less credit card issuers which will limit the availablity of credit. Actually it already is limiting. I looked at Chase yesterday and they still say check the boxes and there should be no bankruptcy on your credit file (10 years Ch 7) this means NO Chase for 10 years!!! Citi has some hangups on BK. Some of the smaller banks listed have great interest rates but they have "excellent" credit standards and little credit lines ($1,000+). What can you do traveling with a small credit line? Not much. The game... the game ... the game! :shocked:
14 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

I agree with the PIF young man but if your going to carry a balance, why not do the rewards card ? I know the rate might be higher but if you have planned your purchased and formulated the interest into your future payments beforehand, then you know your scenario before you make the purchase(s). Pay what you owe, interest included, and get the points.

I know this might be hard with emergency purchases but in the end you have more than just a good credit report and a paid off bill. For me Highest Interest is 13% and the lowest is 9%
14 years 4 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Highest and Lowest APR

It wouldn't really matter what your interest rate is if you PIF. People who expect to carry a balance should NOT revolve the balance on a rewards card because rewards cards tend to have a higher interest rate than cards that don't offer any type of rewards.
14 years 4 months ago #6
  • WebReader
  • WebReader's Avatar Topic Author

was created by WebReader

Okay we know the credit card companies are desperate for money and raising the APR on credit cards to make extra money. Which one of your credit cards have the highest APR and which one have the lowest APR? My highest is my Walmart Discover card at 22.90% and my lowest is my Bank of America credit card at 9%.
14 years 4 months ago #7