BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

Who is your main bank now? Sounds like most people are using credit unions.

What makes me mad is that I shut down everything and only had cc with who I bank with and it seems the banks are still making changes to get fees out of us. I have pulled back now to USAA, banking and cc, along with Chase, banking and cc.
13 years 1 week ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

I just shut down my checking and cc with BOA. Seems like if they can not get fees with the government changes they just keep coming up with other ways to collect. I was told by Chase that there account changes are due to they can no longer get debit card fees like they used to, that is why they have new levels of checking.

Who is your main bank now? Sounds like most people are using credit unions. :innocent:
13 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

I just shut down my checking and cc with BOA. Seems like if they can not get fees with the government changes they just keep coming up with other ways to collect. I was told by Chase that there account changes are due to they can no longer get debit card fees like they used to, that is why they have new levels of checking.
13 years 2 weeks ago #3

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

I called again and talk to a senior analyst and found out it was a letter stating an annual fee and my account was evaluated to which I guess I do not use the card enough. If i do carry a card with an annual fee,it would be with a company like Amex(regular gold)or heck even with Citi.
13 years 2 weeks ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

I called Card Services today and they told me a letter was sent but could not elaborate what it said(annual fee perhaps), so I said bluntly close my account immediately and how do I opt out of receiving anything from this department. My credit score average across the board is over 740+ and util is low and a clean report so what is the problem........low usage I believe.I am done with this company.

Understand! Let us know if you can what BoA was upto?! Assuming you can share.
13 years 2 weeks ago #5

Hmm... a hard pull? You didn't root around on the BOA web-site and trip something? Generally, they would pull soft pulls. A hard pull without you starting the action would be really odd! Cooling off yeah. I found every time I acquired a product with Wells Fargo Bank they did a hard pull inquiry ... like buying a CD, open a checking and savings account and the like while most banks do check they have alternatives (you'll love this... Wells Fargo rapped me for too many inquiries at eight which were all theirs and I didn't know they were doing it) ... I pulled my banking, insurance and investments and moved to USAA Federal Savings Bank (smart move). Anyway did you do something on the banking side that triggered a hard pull inquiry and didn't realize they inquired?

I called Card Services today and they told me a letter was sent but could not elaborate what it said(annual fee perhaps), so I said bluntly close my account immediately and how do I opt out of receiving anything from this department. My credit score average across the board is over 740+ and util is low and a clean report so what is the problem........low usage I believe.I am done with this company.
13 years 2 weeks ago #6

I usually try to keep a cooling off period when dealing with situation which can cause me to make hasty decision through anger but I feel that my relationship with Boa is going to come to a permanent end after tomorrow.

Hmm... a hard pull? You didn't root around on the BOA web-site and trip something? Generally, they would pull soft pulls. A hard pull without you starting the action would be really odd! Cooling off yeah. I found every time I acquired a product with Wells Fargo Bank they did a hard pull inquiry ... like buying a CD, open a checking and savings account and the like while most banks do check they have alternatives (you'll love this... Wells Fargo rapped me for too many inquiries at eight which were all theirs and I didn't know they were doing it) ... I pulled my banking, insurance and investments and moved to USAA Federal Savings Bank (smart move). Anyway did you do something on the banking side that triggered a hard pull inquiry and didn't realize they inquired?
13 years 2 weeks ago #7

I usually try to keep a cooling off period when dealing with situation which can cause me to make hasty decision through anger but I feel that my relationship with Boa is going to come to a permanent end after tomorrow.
13 years 2 weeks ago #8

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

I just received an alert from my monitoring service saying that a new inquiry(hard) was placed on my Transunion report.I logged on and found that it was placed their from BOA and it caused a three point drop in my credit score.I know card companies can pull your report but for a hard this had better be for a good reason when i find out Monday when I call.

Dang! That would certainly make me angry... :shocked:
13 years 2 weeks ago #9

I just received an alert from my monitoring service saying that a new inquiry(hard) was placed on my Transunion report.I logged on and found that it was placed their from BOA and it caused a three point drop in my credit score.I know card companies can pull your report but for a hard this had better be for a good reason when i find out Monday when I call.
13 years 2 weeks ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

Colo, it's never too late to start establishing credit. :fun:
13 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: BOA to start charging AF's in 2010

Following on this, I have a Gold Visa Bank Credit Card account on a sixteen bank regional bank system. The card has a $10K CL 6.9% fixed rate for purchases or cash advances and no fees for taking cash advances other than at Atms. The bank operates similar to a credit union and they deal only with customers from the regional area. That's why they can offer a good bank credit card. My experiences spanning time since 1972 when I received my first credit card (Texaco) has been in favor of the customer from credit unions or local or small regional banking systems. I have not always had all the bells and whistles of a big bank but the rates paid to me or charged to me were fair and reasonable. Only since 2001 have I had the big banks in my portfolio and they have NOT returned to me the same quality of product or service.

I agree, I wish I would have had the good sense to open a credit union card back when I first started establishing my credit so that it would be older today.
13 years 1 month ago #12

You're right, regional banks do offer more perks and better overall customer satisfaction since they have less costs and aren't as greedy. National banks like BoA, Chase, Citi, WF, etc. are just too big for their own good. If a certain region or district struggles with their profibility, then the bank is going to come up with a way to make up for that loss throughout the country.
13 years 1 month ago #13

One more reason why consumers are working with credit unions rather than banks.

Following on this, I have a bank that operates similar to a credit union and they deal only with customers from the regional area. That's why they can offer a good bank credit card. My experiences spanning time since 1972 when I received my first credit card (Texaco) has been in favor of the customer from credit unions or local or small regional banking systems. I have not always had all the bells and whistles of a big bank but, the rates paid to me or charged to me were fair and reasonable. Only since 2001 have I had the big banks in my portfolio and they have NOT returned to me the same quality of product or service.
13 years 1 month ago #14

One more reason why consumers are working with credit unions rather than banks.
13 years 1 month ago #15