Why can't I get a secured card?

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

Thanks alot !.
14 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

Congrats Iantha.
14 years 7 months ago #2

I just got an email from Cap 1 today and it said.

Your new credit card is on its way
Re]

Ian W Harris,

Your new credit card was mailed yesterday, and you should receive it within 7 business days.

Thanks for being a Capital One® customer.

Im happy.
14 years 7 months ago #3

I just got an email from Cap 1 today and it said.

Your new credit card is on its way
Re]

Ian W Harris,

Your new credit card was mailed yesterday, and you should receive it within 7 business days.

Thanks for being a Capital One® customer.
14 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

I thought you had a regular cap1 card:confused:.
14 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

Capital One does offer secured cards. That is actually how they got started in the cc business and that was many years ago. The reason why I know this is because I started off with a Cap One secured card
14 years 7 months ago #6

Yes i checked with my bank 3 months ago they do not offer that. So i checked with another and they said it only reports to 1 or the 3 cbs. Thats why i made the move for cap 1. But i will persue my bank when i buy my first home.
14 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

If your just starting out go to who you bank with, tell them that you would like to build a credit record and set up an account with matching funds. This is much better that going to cc companies or some store that you or they don't know you. Much safer in my opinion. Pay back the loan over at least a 6 month period. I would stay away from local merchants or stores for your first loan that might get you in trouble. Good luck to you.
14 years 8 months ago #8

Ok, that's right! I forgot about that one. Well you probably have a rebuilder card then.
14 years 8 months ago #9

Good Luck! I guess we can start referring others in this direction along with secured cards from Bofa. I do believe cap 1 will be a good secured card to possess. Keep us updated, especially if they happens to unsecure it.

Well it is already unsecured. Because when i filled out the app. It told me i did not have to put down a deposit. I ll have to wait and see what it says when i get it in the mail.
14 years 8 months ago #10

Hi Meya, I just did a prequal on the CapOne site and it has an option that ask whether or not you would like a secured card.

Idk but I had to enter my zipcode so that it could pull down cards that were available in my area.

Ciao,

BJ

Good Luck! I guess we can start referring others in this direction along with secured cards from Bofa. I do believe cap 1 will be a good secured card to possess. Keep us updated, especially if they happens to unsecure it.
14 years 8 months ago #11

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

I see they've added the option to apply for a secured credit card on their pre-app page because it was not there before but i do remember years ago Capital One did off a 99/500 card way before BOA did.
14 years 8 months ago #12

Clever!:laugh:
14 years 8 months ago #13

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Why can't I get a secured card?

I called to day and they asked me to fax over proof or res and ssn. I asked the rep they said its somthing new. I told them what the site said and they ok. Any way ill just wait for the card.

Maybe they are introducing a secured product because of the upcoming CARD Act that goes into law next February. Since the card issuers can't charge certain fees, etc. a secured card will be less of a risk to them.
14 years 8 months ago #14

This is puzzling because I even chatted with a rep and specifically asked if they offered secured cards and he said they didn't.

I called to day and they asked me to fax over proof or res and ssn. I asked the rep they said its somthing new. I told them what the site said and they ok. Any way ill just wait for the card.
14 years 8 months ago #15