Dillard's AMEX shut me down online

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Dillard's AMEX shut me down online

To Vesperka,

With your newly upgraded AMEX Dillard's Black Card, It might come with a new account number. Your bill cycle dates should remain the same, or if you have to reset up Online Account Mgr, then perhaps it has changed. Either way, you would not be considered late.

As a last option, you can still walk into the Dillards Local Retail Store and make a payment on your "Old Card" and pay it towards the old account number. I used to work there and witnessed these type instances alot. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Rockin35
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dillard's AMEX shut me down online

Have you tried making a payment over the phone?
14 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dillard's AMEX shut me down on line

Congrats on the upgrade but the overall issue would have me scared since upgrading shouldn't deny access to your account. Maybe its just their way of doing things.:worried: Hope the card comes soon, also did you verify your address with them? Just in case the unfortunate happened, check and see if they have your correct mailing address, and ask if they can cancel the card they sent and resend another certified.
14 years 10 months ago #3
  • vesperka
  • vesperka's Avatar Topic Author

was created by vesperka

I've had a Dillard's Amex for 8 months. I've paid online each month in full. I went to pay my bill and it said, "Account Not Accessible Online Unfortunately, we are unable to provide your account information online at this time. For further assistance, please call Customer Service at 1-800-643-8278, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

I called customer service and at first they said it's because I requested new cards. After explaining I hadn't requested anything, a supervisor told me that since I spent $2,000+ within the year they automatically upgraded me to a black card and they were on the way. He explained that I would not be able to access my account online until I activated the new cards that I never asked for.

Great customer service heads up there AMEX/Dillard's. Would've saved me time and the headache of calling. Twelve days after my first call I still haven't received the new cards and still can't access my account to pay it. Is this their way of making me late on purpose? Hmmm. Sneaky. I called and she said to call back in two days if the cards still hadn't shown up. Great "upgrade" if you ask me (sarcasm). I was perfectly happy with how things were going until this customer disservice snafu.
14 years 10 months ago #4