Macys Visa

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Macys Visa

I'm happy with my Macy's store card. I'll pass on their Macy's Visa

Amen. Although, I do wonder if you do get a Macy's Visa if you can change it into another Citi card...
15 years 3 weeks ago #16

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Macys Visa

I'm happy with my Macy's store card. I'll pass on their Macy's Visa.:cheesing:
15 years 3 weeks ago #17
  • Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Macys Visa

I haven't seen the hit yet on True Credit but that doesn't mean its not coming I think I only get to see the inquiries from the other CRs EQ and EX once a month. I would have like to have had the Visa as I only have Mastercard's and a Discover.
15 years 3 weeks ago #18

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Macys Visa

Like cireone said, you cannot get out of having two trades if you get the Macy's Visa. When you use the Visa at Macy's those charges go to a separate retail trade.

I was automatically approved for the Visa when I went to apply at the store, I did not check the box for "consider me only for the Macy's card." The Visa came with a $10K limit but when I found out that they were two trades I closed the Visa and got them to remove it from my bureaus.

Six months later they try to get me to open another..geesh. It had a terrible interest rate as well. No thanks. The only benefit is once you've upgraded to Gold or better, then you can earn rewards but still not worth it.
15 years 3 weeks ago #19

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Macys Visa

Well if that is the case, I definitely would not want one because i have suprimed visa's with Apr's lower than that.:worried: IMO, I don't see the use of a Macy's Visa, and you don't really shop at Macy's, you are paying them big bucks just to have a visa logo in their name.
15 years 3 weeks ago #20

Replied by interjack on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I think that the disclosure form that I read stated that it was 23.9% or 26.9% meaning that you could qualify for either/or depending on your credit.
15 years 3 weeks ago #21

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

Is it around 22-23%?
15 years 3 weeks ago #22

Replied by interjack on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I have a few customers that always use their Macy's Visa. The interest rate is one of the worst that I have seen.
15 years 3 weeks ago #23

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What's the purpose of a card like Macy's anyway?

I also have the regular Macy's store card. I really don't want the Visa nor do I need it.
15 years 3 weeks ago #24

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Macy's Visa

Good luck on the approval! Basically what they have done was started an application process for a Macy's Visa. I do believe you are going to get a hard pull because it is not like you are asking for a cli or received an upgrade to your current card. I know when I was talking to someone at cap1 when requesting a cli, the rep was trying to get me to "apply" for the Cap1 rewards card. I was told that I would get a hard pull if I decided to go for it, so I am assuming that since the cards are separate, it will take a separate application process

Just to back up what you were saying, DSNB backs the Macy's store card. The Visa is backed by Citi, so I would imagine that if you request the card, that they would do a hard pull for Citi.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Macy's Visa

Good luck on the approval! Basically what they have done was started an application process for a Macy's Visa. I do believe you are going to get a hard pull because it is not like you are asking for a cli or received an upgrade to your current card. I know when I was talking to someone at cap1 when requesting a cli, the rep was trying to get me to "apply" for the Cap1 rewards card. I was told that I would get a hard pull if I decided to go for it, so I am assuming that since the cards are separate, it will take a separate application process.:worried:
15 years 3 weeks ago #26

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Macys Visa

do You Remember What Your Scores Looked Like At That Time?

720-730
15 years 4 weeks ago #27
  • Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Macys Visa

Do you remember what your scores looked like at that time?
15 years 4 weeks ago #28

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Macys Visa

Well, my experience a little different. I've got invitation to convert to Visa. When I accept the invitation it was hard free.
15 years 4 weeks ago #29

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Macys Visa

Yes, it will be. I hate to burst your bubble but the Macys store card and the Visa are handled by two different departments. So, if you request for a conversion or a new Visa it will be a hard pull. I tried to do this before and the result was negative also. I believe you have to have a decent score to qualify for the Visa.
15 years 4 weeks ago #30