Macys Visa

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Macys Visa

OMG, :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I have not noticed this! I can't pull a new report until two weeks from now, but as of last month, it still shows my cl.
13 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Macys Visa

I use it every month(luv the coupons) and pif but I just noticed it when I checked my report and silly as it sounds ,checking my reports is how I find my cli's(or cld for that matter) from them. their excuse for not putting your avail CL is silly but what can you do lol.

You are right, I have noticed on credit reports that the revolving type accounts are no longer reporting a CL. That is insane. For people trying to rebuild or build that could negatively effect them. The Visa still reports a limit though.
13 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Macys Visa

Has it been a while since you used your Macy's? I know, I called them once about the credit line not reporting on the monthly statement and they said that the credit line is just a guideline and they don't want customers to get into trouble or something like that. I find Macy's credit operations very odd as it is. But I love the store and the coupons so I keep it open. That isn't good though if you carry a balance and suddenly the credit line is not reporting....

I use it every month(luv the coupons) and pif but I just noticed it when I checked my report and silly as it sounds ,checking my reports is how I find my cli's(or cld for that matter) from them. their excuse for not putting your avail CL is silly but what can you do lol.
13 years 11 months ago #3

I do not know what is going on at Macy's now because as i checked my credit reports the other day,the credit limit being reported on my account is gone.I've be reading around and found that people are stating that csr's are saying that this is being implemented on all accounts now. I hate calling and going through all those promps just to check your credit limit because they do not show it online(your account) but at least you could see it on a cc monitoring service and now you can't.

Has it been a while since you used your Macy's? I know, I called them once about the credit line not reporting on the monthly statement and they said that the credit line is just a guideline and they don't want customers to get into trouble or something like that. I find Macy's credit operations very odd as it is. But I love the store and the coupons so I keep it open. That isn't good though if you carry a balance and suddenly the credit line is not reporting....
13 years 11 months ago #4

What? Hmmm, I wonder if their contract with Visa expired and in an attempt to appear up market they went with Amex? Where did you read about this? I would think some people would be happy with it and others wont be. Visa is accepted in more places and people who use their cards for automatic payments will have to update the card # but other than that, it would still be a major credit card. Will DNSB (Citibank) still be issuing them?

I do not know what is going on at Macy's now because as i checked my credit reports the other day,the credit limit being reported on my account is gone.I've be reading around and found that people are stating that csr's are saying that this is being implemented on all accounts now. I hate calling and going through all those promps just to check your credit limit because they do not show it online(your account) but at least you could see it on a cc monitoring service and now you can't.
13 years 11 months ago #5

I was just in Macy's two days ago looking at furniture, I bought this mahogany bar with stools and foot bar and marble top was $3600.00 and I got the whole package on clearance for $1200.00, I was asked if I would be interested in going one year no interest, I asked how that works, and the saleswoman told me they call in, give them my account number off of my Macy's store charge, tell them a specific amount, they ask your annual income and the amount you want to borrow, which she asked for $5000.00, dont know why? And I was instantly approved, for 1 year no interest! This is called a special events line of credit that doesnt affect your regular line of credit, which for me is $1500.00. So it worked out great!

Congrats. I see that on peoples credit reports where it looks like they have two Macy's (or two Bloomingdale's) one is a major purchase account and I think the account number is almost identical to your regular revolving account except for the last two digits. That $5K limit will really help boost your utilization ratio.
14 years 3 weeks ago #6

Well it looks like all the cardholders with Macy's and Bloomingdale's Visa's will be replaced with an Amex co-brand cards. will this be good news to card holders or bad news I wonder?

What? Hmmm, I wonder if their contract with Visa expired and in an attempt to appear up market they went with Amex? Where did you read about this? I would think some people would be happy with it and others wont be. Visa is accepted in more places and people who use their cards for automatic payments will have to update the card # but other than that, it would still be a major credit card. Will DNSB (Citibank) still be issuing them?
14 years 3 weeks ago #7

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Macys Visa

I was just in Macy's two days ago looking at furniture, I bought this mahogany bar with stools and foot bar and marble top was $3600.00 and I got the whole package on clearance for $1200.00, I was asked if I would be interested in going one year no interest, I asked how that works, and the saleswoman told me they call in, give them my account number off of my Macy's store charge, tell them a specific amount, they ask your annual income and the amount you want to borrow, which she asked for $5000.00, dont know why? And I was instantly approved, for 1 year no interest! This is called a special events line of credit that doesnt affect your regular line of credit, which for me is $1500.00. So it worked out great!
14 years 3 weeks ago #8

Well it looks like all the cardholders with Macy's and Bloomingdale's Visa's will be replaced with an Amex co-brand cards. will this be good news to card holders or bad news I wonder?
14 years 3 weeks ago #9

You know I still love me some Macy's even if the gli had changed. I have been on a shopping binge with all the sales coupons i receive every month and in the store and just recently they have given me a 2k gli bringing my cl to 4500.
14 years 6 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Macy's Visa

I think someone else just told me that. I asked for an increase and the man told me to wait til Jan before asking for one. I asked him why, and he told me that that is when my account will be eligible:worried:
14 years 6 months ago #11
  • Jay1
  • Jay1's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Macys Visa

Not real sure if this is the right place for this post but... I just found out that Macy's now only does guide line increases every 6 months instead of every 3....:worried: Oh I reopened Macy's
14 years 6 months ago #12

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Macys Visa

:white-flag:
15 years 3 weeks ago #13

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Macys Visa

God I love when Rockin kicks in! U go girl! :white-flag:
15 years 3 weeks ago #14

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Macys Visa

Hello Jay1

I'm a former employee of Macys. If you called them and asked specifically to apply for the Visa card, then they did run a "Hard Inquiry." Now, if you've had your card for a while, say for instance my mother has had the Macys In store card for almost 5 years, and one day she received a letter of invitation advising that she was pre-approved to move up to the "Gold Visa card" in this case, she only received a soft inquiry. But this is someone who only had 3 cards her whole life, paid everything on time, so the quarterly monitoring on her credit report for Macys was probably very high for them to make the offer to her.

On the flip side, you had asked about "converting" your Macys in store card to the Visa. It wouldn’t be a conversion, because once you run an application for the Visa card, you automatically keep the In store Line of credit open better known as (Revolving Type 30), if approved, you will get the 2nd line of credit as a Visa

Thirdly, I have the Platinum Visa card. I had the regular Macys card since I was 21 over 15 years, I asked them to check 3 years ago, if I could get the Visa card, they sent me the card 3 weeks later in the mail. Right now, my in store Macys' card (Revolving Type 30 acct) CL is 13000K, my Visa account is 7000K, and my In store Furniture account is 800 dollars.

I hope this answers your question and provides clarity. Rockin35
15 years 3 weeks ago #15