Capital One Change in Terms

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Yes, I have closed everything JC Penny, Walmart, both HSBC cards, Cap One, now only have cc with Chase, B of A, USAA, and Fifth Third Bank, and Macy's for store. FICO scores are now back to 740, This has taken 8 years to get back to this level before my layoff in 2002. I didnt apply any credit until 2005 4 years after my layoff. I also closed all cc when I got laid off, and kept my Amex for job search, got home in 2002 from a job hunt and letter saying they were closing the account. So much for planning. So cash was king for 4 years.

Sounds good, you kept all your prime accounts.
14 years 3 months ago #31

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Do you still have your USAA MasterCard?

Yes, I have closed everything JC Penny, Walmart, both HSBC cards, Cap One, now only have cc with Chase, B of A, USAA, and Fifth Third Bank, and Macy's for store. FICO scores are now back to 740, This has taken 8 years to get back to this level before my layoff in 2002. I didnt apply any credit until 2005 4 years after my layoff. I also closed all cc when I got laid off, and kept my Amex for job search, got home in 2002 from a job hunt and letter saying they were closing the account. So much for planning. So cash was king for 4 years.
14 years 3 months ago #32

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

I closed my Cap One last month, part of my own cc plan. Did not get a letter but figured one was coming some time. Chase sends me those checks also but have never used them.

Do you still have your USAA MasterCard?
14 years 3 months ago #33

Replied by rsty99 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

I closed my Cap One last month, part of my own cc plan. Did not get a letter but figured one was coming some time. Chase sends me those checks also but have never used them.
14 years 3 months ago #34

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Glad to hear this! So is it permanent, or is it for a balance transfer? I am about to give them a call and see if they would do the same for me. The letter I received was that they were raising my APR:upset:. Never late, over-the-limit, etc....but they upped me!
14 years 3 months ago #35

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Capital one sent me a letter, they are lowering my APR from 24.90% to 4.40% wow.
14 years 3 months ago #36

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Capital one dropped my APR, from 24.90 to 4.40!!!

Oh my god I still cannot believe it's true, I've had two credit cards with them for about 2 years, never increased my limit, or had good APR, I missed a payment or was late once or twice in the two years, cards were 300$ & 750$ well my 750$ card had a apr of 24.90% I've always had about 400-600 on it at all times, well I've had it under 300$ lately well on the statement when I made the payment a year ago said my apr would drop if I made 12 payments on time, which I did, I go to call them, they tell my my apr went from 24.90% to a 4.40% YES 20% DECREASE??? can you believe it? Well I can't...

I won't be able to believe it until I see my statement which cuts on JAN 11th... Anyone ever have anything like this happen?

I wonder why they never increase my limit though...

I've recently got 12 store cards and one MC my score is at 619 atm, was at 600 in December because of all the new accounts but jumped 20 points very quick..
14 years 3 months ago #37

I did a cli on them with the luv button about 2 months ago and i was denied due to high utiizations Then I went again and got the same letter. I am not dealing with GEMB no more because I am scared of cld's :scared: :scared: :scared:
14 years 10 months ago #38

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

I quit asking everyone. I have been told "No" so many times until I just gave up. When cap1 started to trip, I really left it alone. Not to mention being scared of GEMB realizing they have passed me up with cld's by mistake...lolz!

LOL... Ive been hearing those same stories on GE, but thankfully I only have (1) card with them (penneys) and actually last month they gave me an auto-cli, so I really cant complain to much cause its really better than nothing with them....
14 years 10 months ago #39

I quit asking everyone. I have been told "No" so many times until I just gave up. When cap1 started to trip, I really left it alone. Not to mention being scared of GEMB realizing they have passed me up with cld's by mistake...lolz!
14 years 10 months ago #40

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

That's really crazy Meya. But I guess CapOne is tightening up... I tried to get my 6 month CLI and they flat out denied me too without even pulling anything. They said they werent offering CLI's at this time and wouldnt even tell me why....
14 years 10 months ago #41

LOl, okay!
14 years 10 months ago #42

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Well here is something that was very odd, true, but funny to me. I applied for my husband a Cap1 card a few weeks ago, and he was denied online. We used the good credit cards because unfortunately they were not offering any rebuild cards at that time. Well, we just read the denial letter yesterday and it clearly stated that, hello Mr....., unfortunately we are unable to offer you credit at this time due to economic hardship in your area (or location)......YOUR SCORES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY THIS DENIAL BECAUSE WE DID NOT PULL YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR THIS APPLICATION, AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE AN INQUIRY!

Wow Meya they said that because of the economic hardship in your area. I don't plan on applying for no cards anytime soon but I will keep that in the back of my mind.
14 years 10 months ago #43

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Good Lord! That is a huge increase. I think I might mase my mailman when he comes near my door. You guys are seriously freaking me out.

Meya I am going to tell you for the last time "I DON'T HAVE NO BAIL MONEY" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
14 years 10 months ago #44

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

lmao:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #45