Capital One Change in Terms

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

WOW! The online card summary shows FICO Score of 794 and 1.25 points for every dollar spent. Not too shabby! You must rate with Capital One. Boy would this be tempting!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhh ur tempting me. :innocent:
13 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

I received an e-mail for the VentureOne Card... Because I'm already a Capital One member it says this]Thanks for being a Capital One® customer since January 2010. Because you’re a great customer, we’d like to offer you an additional account that rewards you with 1.25 miles per dollar on all of your purchases. Apply for the VentureOneSM card and you could enjoy features like[/I]

• 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day

• 0% intro APR on purchases until February 2012, 11.9%–19.9% variable APR after that

• No annual fee

Plus, you can redeem your miles for flights, hotel rooms, car rentals, gift cards, and more. Fly free on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates.

But this offer ends March 24, 2011—so don’t wait too long. However, if you’ve responded to any of our other great offers within the last 45 days, you may be ineligible for this one. Otherwise, apply today and start earning your miles now!

Here's the card on Finance Globe]https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card1327.php[/URL]

I'm kinda tempted to apply, get it, and close my current Capital One that has a high interest rate and no rewards. But really I just got the Blue Cash in January so I need to hold off on inquiries. The e-mail seems like a pre-approval but at the same time doesn't. Ha.

WOW! The online card summary shows FICO Score of 794 and 1.25 points for every dollar spent. Not too shabby! You must rate with Capital One. Boy would this be tempting!!!
13 years 2 weeks ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Agreed LOL

:cool:
13 years 2 weeks ago #3

Anyway, you should probably skip it. If you apply, we may have to have an intervention and enroll you in the Credit Addicts Club.

Agreed LOL
13 years 2 weeks ago #4

I've been receiving these emails as well, but they always only offer me the Platinum Prestige.

Maybe since we are existing cardholder's they don't want to spend the postage to send a real offer.

Anyway, you should probably skip it. If you apply, we may have to have an intervention and enroll you in the Credit Addicts Club. :innocent:
13 years 2 weeks ago #5

I received an e-mail for the VentureOne Card... Because I'm already a Capital One member it says this:

Thanks for being a Capital One® customer since January 2010. Because you’re a great customer, we’d like to offer you an additional account that rewards you with 1.25 miles per dollar on all of your purchases. Apply for the VentureOneSM card and you could enjoy features like

• 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day

• 0% intro APR on purchases until February 2012, 11.9%–19.9% variable APR after that

• No annual fee

Plus, you can redeem your miles for flights, hotel rooms, car rentals, gift cards, and more. Fly free on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates.

But this offer ends March 24, 2011—so don’t wait too long. However, if you’ve responded to any of our other great offers within the last 45 days, y
ou may be ineligible for this one. Otherwise, apply today and start earning your miles now!

Here's the card on Finance Globe]https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/card1327.php[/url]

I'm kinda tempted to apply, get it, and close my current Capital One that has a high interest rate and no rewards. But really I just got the Blue Cash in January so I need to hold off on inquiries. The e-mail seems like a pre-approval but at the same time doesn't. Ha.
13 years 2 weeks ago #6

WOW!

I just had the biggest scare of my life. I logged into my Capital One account and read "Account Restricted" in big bold red letters next to my credit limit. Immediately called them to find out what was wrong, somebody was trying to make transactions in the UK! For $126 & $39. I live in Oregon. He filed the report and I will not have to pay for anything. They're mailing a new card out with a new number. My heart literally dropped when he said "Sir, have you recently tried to make a transaction for $126?"

Thank you Capital One for making this right! :cool:
13 years 8 months ago #7

Replied by belle on topic Re: Capital one added a annual fee now, what the heck?

I called and they told me they don't see any annual fee's ever on any of my statements, yet they are telling me that the offer I signed up for 2 and a half years ago stated there was a annual fee, one of the guys tried telling me sometimes you get no AF for 2 years and than you do, huh? when did they start doing this?

So was the AF also equivalent to 2yrs?
13 years 9 months ago #8

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

Yeah, you sound like your better off with the Citi cards n stuff. lol.

I like Capital One don't get me wrong lol, It's just that the card i had was actually a starter card with the credit steps program but now that I have better cards I will apply for one their higher end cards down the road.
13 years 9 months ago #9

I've actually had much better service and luck with my Capital One card. Go figure.
13 years 9 months ago #10

I just closed this card because they've tried to charge me interest on a purchase i made two months ago and paid off. I never carry a balance on this card and I found out that this card cl ceiling is 1k so it served it's purpose.I called customer service and they mentioned some crap about the new credit laws and my term of conditions which i read backward and forwards and i just said close the account.

13 years 9 months ago #11

I just closed this card because they've tried to charge me interest on a purchase i made two months ago and paid off. I never carry a balance on this card and I found out that this card cl ceiling is 1k so it served it's purpose.I called customer service and they mentioned some crap about the new credit laws and my term of conditions which i read backward and forwards and i just said close the account.
13 years 9 months ago #12

I've noticed Capital One is now offering Visa Signature cards one with an annual fee and one without a fee and I have just noticed an option next to the download link called "modify your features" with three features to choose from.

I clicked on the upgrade feature and there was no upgrade available for my account.... ohh well better luck next time and back to the sockdrawer you go Capital One.
14 years 2 weeks ago #13

very crazy I have never got a credit increase on either accounts and I've had them for 2-3 years..

and I never even asked them to lower it, they just did.

I started out with Capital One in 1998 with a $300 limit long before Credit Steps. It took 16 months before I got a credit line increase. But after that they kept rolling in. I am at $10K now, anymore would be overkill.

I started out at 19.8% fixed, they upgraded me to Gold on their own and lowered the APR to 13.9% and then lowered it to 10.9% fixed and upgraded the account to a Platinum No Hassle Rewards. So Capital One is good that way. I have always said that they reward their loyal customers.
14 years 1 month ago #14

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Re: Capital One Change in Terms

very crazy I have never got a credit increase on either accounts and I've had them for 2-3 years..

and I never even asked them to lower it, they just did.
14 years 1 month ago #15