Chevron Gas Card

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

There use to be plenty of Chevron/Texaco stations in my area but they all have shut down and now the gas stations around here are the ever growing shell/7eleven brand and Valero(my favorite station and gas card now),but if i run into a chevron during my travels i will get gas there because even though i cut them off because of Gemb(the card not the station) i was a chevron guy for many years.
15 years 2 months ago #1
  • charonh
  • charonh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

thanks guys, i think chevron will be the way to go. I got a sweet 2009 vw rabbit, its my new hot bunny

Kalel89, this so cute :innocent:. That was my first card; it was white. I used to ONlY buy Volkwagons when I first graduated from high school. Have these replaced the golfs? And do they still make cabrios and jettas? This is so cool :cool:. Keep us posted with the results of your Chevron app. I like Chevron fuels with techron. Another plus with the Chevron card is that you can also use them at Texaco gas and lube express stations.
15 years 2 months ago #2
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Yeah thanks Cireone that is good to know, especially for those trying to rebuild.
15 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

Cireone, thanks for adding that bit of info.
15 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

Congrats on the new car! Mind sharing with us what type of car you bought?

When you look for a gas card, it depends on what gas stations are located near you. Personally, I like 76 gas stations because they sell quality gasoline at affordable prices when compared to the competition. I used to fill up Mobil because I thought that the more you pay for gas, the better your car will run but when gas prices skyrocketed, I started filling up gas at 76 and haven't had any problems. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Arco. My mother filled up a tank of gas from there about two years ago and the motor kept shutting off on its own. We discovered that the gas was causing this problem because we filled up the next tank of gas from Mobil and the car worked fine.

Remember, Citi backs the Mobil/Exxon and 76/Conoco Phillips gas cards so if you've had a CO, BK, or late payments with them in the past, it might not be as easy to get approved for as the Chevron card.

In reference to the last paragraph, I have had a Citi credit card and defaulted on the card which ended up beig charged off. I was approved for the Exxon/Mobil and Shell cards that are both issued by Citi. But cant get a regular Citi card. I do believe that the cards have a better approval rate for those with less than perfect credit. Just some FYI.
15 years 2 months ago #5

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

thanks guys, i think chevron will be the way to go. I got a sweet 2009 vw rabbit, its my new hot bunny :) :innocent:
15 years 2 months ago #6
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

hey guys, just bought a new car, what is a good place to get a gas card? chevron? I know you guys talk about that one alot on here. thanks for the input ahead of time

Congratulations! I, personally, would go for a card that may be used at any gas station and offers rewards. Open Road from Discover and Capital One's No Hassle Reward cards are good examples. The Capital One card would probably be easier to get, whereas the Discover one probably wouldn't. I have Chevron and BP cards, because they are the only two brands I use, but if I had to do it over, I would go for one that has the features I've mentioned. I believe there's an option on this website's homepage that will allow you to search and compare different gas cards. Good luck and don't go too fast :innocent:.
15 years 2 months ago #7

Congrats on the new car! Mind sharing with us what type of car you bought?

When you look for a gas card, it depends on what gas stations are located near you. Personally, I like 76 gas stations because they sell quality gasoline at affordable prices when compared to the competition. I used to fill up Mobil because I thought that the more you pay for gas, the better your car will run but when gas prices skyrocketed, I started filling up gas at 76 and haven't had any problems. The only place I wouldn't recommend is Arco. My mother filled up a tank of gas from there about two years ago and the motor kept shutting off on its own. We discovered that the gas was causing this problem because we filled up the next tank of gas from Mobil and the car worked fine.

Remember, Citi backs the Mobil/Exxon and 76/Conoco Phillips gas cards so if you've had a CO, BK, or late payments with them in the past, it might not be as easy to get approved for as the Chevron card.
15 years 2 months ago #8

Replied by kalel89 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

hey guys, just bought a new car, what is a good place to get a gas card? chevron? I know you guys talk about that one alot on here. thanks for the input ahead of time

:cool:
15 years 2 months ago #9
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

You're absolutely right, hjm331. I'm not upset, but I would be if it were Walmart. I mean there's only so much gas you can buy in a month, my previous limit suited my needs just fine, I mainly am asking for increases to help with my utilization ratio.
15 years 2 months ago #10

It's better than the infamous $75 CLI on the Wal-Mart cards. :laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #11
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Ohhhk, here we go! They said that they will mail a decision within 7-10 business days and my last cli was may 2008 from $1500 to $1800. I have getting No's every since then. Now when I went back to the thread I started about them changing our accounts to GEMB that was in April 4th, 2008. So I only got one increase while it was in under GEMB. That is "IF" it was totally transfered over to GEMB at that time. It was probably still under chevron

Well I hit the luv button last night and they gave me a $200 increase, which now gives me a $800 credit limit. I guess $200 is the magic number for me with them. I did the same thing last year and got $200, I also requested one for my Lowe's credit on the same day, but they denied it, which I thought was kinda strange. I'm tempted to request one again on my Lowe's, but I think I will wait another month. They must have different measures for the Lowes card. Meya you have a decent limit on your Lowes card, too. I'm still stuck at $300, which is ridiculous for a home store.:upset:
15 years 2 months ago #12
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Are these cards easy to get? Im thinking (thinking) about getting one

When the card was originally owned by Chevron bank, it was. I don't have a clue now, since GEMB has tookover.
15 years 2 months ago #13

It all depends on what's on your report.
15 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Chevron Gas Card

Are these cards easy to get? Im thinking (thinking) about getting one.:fun:
15 years 2 months ago #15