Concierge Service

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Concierge Service

They are not worth it, just a door opener and that was it. If I never told you that the cards I have are like "One Night Stands" then you better believe me now. I have no love for 90% of them. I can't wait to find a real love in the credit industry. Oh but wait, I can't cheat on Cap 1

Capital One has been great for me. Any time I want to do a BT, the just send me a No Hassle check... My credit limits with them are some of the highest I have. I really don't have any complaints with them.
15 years 3 months ago #31

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Concierge Service

They are not worth it, just a door opener and that was it. If I never told you that the cards I have are like "One Night Stands" then you better believe me now. I have no love for 90% of them. I can't wait to find a real love in the credit industry. Oh but wait, I can't cheat on Cap 1.:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #32

Anyone can imagine. I was seriously daydreaming of receiving the type of service that you had from your creditor. That's like rolling the red carpet for your customers. It's a shame how I have to feel all excited about what you just said, that goes to show you how tired I am of the sub prime kicks. Your story gives us reason why we should always keep a low balance and a close relationship with our prime creditors. That is called extreme customer care in my books.

Orchard had nerves to ask me add some type of roadside assistance to the card and hotel savings. After hearing what you had said, I thought the worse of them. I can't imagine seeing a tow truck come to my rescue, I would probably]

-Ser, How kahn I help uuh?

Yeah OB just got the boot with me. I was tired of all of their nonsense. I won't pay an annual fee. I won't pay 25% APR. I won't talk to rude, distasteful, hard to understand, non-native english speakers...EVER.

I have never had a CLI with them, ever in the past two years. Cap1 gives them out like candy. I got approved for a Discover..Tier 1....BankAmericard...Tier 1. I really don't need their charity.

Meya, I would really consider if they are worth the pain and trouble you will go through with them. They did help build for me a credit history. But nothing else!
15 years 3 months ago #33

I have never needed to call them, but I can't wait until I go to ATL again! I wish Discover had concierge. I think my two favorite cards are Discover and BankAmericard, period. Now if I could get into the Green Amex club or get a BOA Amex, I can stop my addiction.
15 years 3 months ago #34
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Concierge Service

I'm just hoping that if the cards you currently have have this feature or the cards your going after have them, take advantage of these perks when you can

Check this out Meya, I'm sure you and HJM331 are aware of these:

• Do you know if you buy merchandise/electronics with your Visa that they autormaticaly extend your warranty beyond what comes with the product
  • It will cover your rental insurance when you use your Visa to rent your car no matter if you have personal insurance or not.
  • It offers legal services when needed if your out of the country.
  • last minute reservations in exclusive restaurants as well as possible tickets to sold out concerts (Visa Signature)
  • Very, very quick turnaround on having duplicate cards sent to you if your is lost or stolen, overnight if willing to pay shipping fee
15 years 3 months ago #35

Meya, they might even reward you by cutting your limit for staying at a high class motel overnight.

You are a fool for that one. Guess what? I believe you:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #36

I This service can also find you the nearest IN-N-OUT location for you Meya as well as the nearest Fatburger for you hjm331.

]&%!@*$[/EMAIL] anyone can imagine. I was seriously daydreaming of receiving the type of service that you had from your creditor. That's like rolling the red carpet for your customers. It's a shame how I have to feel all excited about what you just said, that goes to show you how tired I am of the sub prime kicks. Your story gives us reason why we should always keep a low balance and a close relationship with our prime creditors. That is called extreme customer care in my books.

Orchard had nerves to ask me add some type of roadside assistance to the card and hotel savings. After hearing what you had said, I thought the worse of them. I can't imagine seeing a tow truck come to my rescue, I would probably:
1. Wait 6 hrs for them to get there
2. The would probably bring a bicycle tire for a spare
3. Cut a hole in my radiator and tell me here is the problem
4. Bring me $2.00 worth of water and old fried chicken grease for gas. And then charge me 70% more to the value

I would actually think they were some of those hillbilly killers in the movies who drive those tow trucks...:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #37
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Concierge Service

I see you guys are having fun with this :cheesing:. This service can also find you the nearest IN-N-OUT location for you Meya as well as the nearest Fatburger for you hjm331.

Doesn't matter the hotel or restaurant, it can be Motel 6 if you wish or the Hyatt for others. Its just nice to know that you can pick up your cell phone in route and have these basic things taken care for you at a moments notice.

Sometimes they add these perks to your card and you never use them and its nice to know that what they tell you in the brochure and credit card application really works when needed.
15 years 3 months ago #38

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Concierge Service

Meya, they might even reward you by cutting your limit for staying at a high class motel overnight. :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #39

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Concierge Service

Meya, you are hilarious. I am in the same boat as you.

They may upgrade us to the HoJo, but thats as generous as they're going to make it for us.

Even with all the revolving credit I have combined, I don't think I would be able to afford a true 5-star hotel for 2 nights (maybe 1 if I pay them all off. Lol). But I would have to be a the check-in counter asking the person to put, 150 here, 200 here, 100 etc. I think they would just end up kicking me out and than I would stuck at the Super Itch (I mean 8). lol
15 years 3 months ago #40

That is some good info smcc. I can't wait till I can get some treatment like that. If I call my creditors and say that, the first thing they will say is, "You don't have enough money on your account for that. Call 411 and get the phone number to Motel 6, you can afford to stay in a single bed room for 3 nights by yourself. Just make sure you leave before Friday that is when the rates get higher and you will go over your limit!" :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #41
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

For all that have this perk, it may go by another name with your financial institution, please take advantage of this when you can or the moment affords.

Had to go out of town on last minute's notice and had no time to make the normal arrangements. While in transit (driving) I contacted MyConcierge (BOA)and told them of my destination, need of hotel within a certain price range, a gym within the logistics of the hotel, and restaurants based on cuisine tastes. They put me on hold and came back with 3 plans to fit my needs going over each one of them to see which one fit best. They made the hotel reservations, dining arrangements and set up the gym membership.

This is a perk that comes with all Tier One BOA cards and like I said earlier, I'm sure other banks have this perk but its really nice because its your eyes and ears when your time is limited and things need to get done before you arrive.
15 years 3 months ago #42