Balance Payoff

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Balance Payoff

KellBell,

My hat is off to you. I have been thinking about how excited I have been in the last nine months about all 13 credit cards I have open. Then reality has sunk in, "do i really need all of them"? NO I DO NOT! Every one of them has small cl in the first place, if I charge something I have to immediately pay it off so that my utilization remains under 35%. I owe less than $500 on 5 cards and when I pay them off I am going to leave them paid off unless I have an emergency.

I hope you and your husband the best of luck!

You took the words out of my mouth. I was just mentioning this in another thread.
15 years 3 months ago #1
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Balance Payoff

Credit cards and the information from this site has helped me rebuild my credit so that I can get future financing. I am so greatful to Capital One, HSBC, Hooters, etc. But in light of the current economic atmosphere, I want to to what is best for myself, sub-prime banks, and the country as a whole.

Thank you everyone for your support!!!
15 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Balance Payoff

Kellbell, I totally agree with you and your husband's decision. Besides, he did actually borrow the money and it isn't fair if the grantor is left holding the bag. Good luck and I know you will accomplish your goal. I also agree with you regarding credit cards and their use. They have served their purpose for me and quitely frankly, they've lost their appeal, for me anyway.:confused:
15 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Balance Payoff

KellBell,

My hat is off to you. I have been thinking about how excited I have been in the last nine months about all 13 credit cards I have open. Then reality has sunk in, "do i really need all of them"? NO I DO NOT! Every one of them has small cl in the first place, if I charge something I have to immediately pay it off so that my utilization remains under 35%. I owe less than $500 on 5 cards and when I pay them off I am going to leave them paid off unless I have an emergency.

I hope you and your husband the best of luck!
15 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Balance Payoff

I would wish you all the luck Kellbell, but I am going to say something stronger. "When your goal is complete at the end of the year, you deserve a FG celebration." I know you can do it.
:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Balance Payoff

Wow, his is a huge task and hope you can achieve your goals by the end of the year.

Good Luck
15 years 3 months ago #6
  • KellBell
  • KellBell's Avatar Topic Author

was created by KellBell

My husband and I have (Gasp!) decided to move ahead on the "Dave Ramsey Diet". I know that a lot of you disagree with what he has to say about not carrying debt, and many of you are justified in saying so, but my husband and I have decided to take his advice and pay off his 10 year old $30,000.00 credit card debt in less than a year. By doing so, we will have to live like paupers (yikes!), but we will. Both of us have come to the conclusion that collectively we make enough money that it is completely assinine to think about using credit to purchase every day things.

Much against Dave Ramsey's will, I will continue to finance vehicles and housing, but nothing else. Credit cards will only be used for their points and benefits, and then paid off almost immediately.

Wish us luck!
15 years 3 months ago #7