Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

• charonh
  • charonh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

Wmarat, those are two I haven't heard of before, interesting. I don't blame you for closing the walmart card. I don't think its one that will grow with you.
15 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

To close:
Walmart
Saks WE MC

To apply to:

Alliant CU Visa Platinum
Ameriprice WE MC
15 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

I am not applying for anymore if I can help it. I opened all of my accounts between the ages of 19 and 29 so its all good. I want to concentrate now on a mortgage and maybe a new car in 2009.
15 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

I'm currently working on building relationships and history with dependable financial institutions and I'm happy with the ones I got right now. Everything else including CLI's will come in the future.

Amen brother. That's what a lot of people who are building or rebuilding credit forget. I finally learned that about 5 years ago and now everything is kosher.
15 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

Thanks! I can already see your picture smiling with your first tier one card next year. :cheesing:
15 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

Ok, give it here. I promise I will not go over the limit :laugh: :laugh:

Same to you bro!
15 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

Meya, it has not been easy at all and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you so I owe it all to you.
15 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

I wish I could have started out like you, I would be through also. Got toooo many subprimed cards to stop. I have to get rid of them.
15 years 3 months ago #8

I'm currently working on building relationships and history with dependable financial institutions and I'm happy with the ones I got right now. Everything else including CLI's will come in the future.
15 years 3 months ago #9
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

Me too Eldarwen. This PenFed, seems pretty appealing. I've read nothing but good things about them. Hmmmmm. Let me ponder, :embarrassed: but I won't be doing anything in 09 in terms of new credit.
15 years 3 months ago #10

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Which credit card(s) do you have your eye on for 2009?

I am looking into PENFED right now. I am going to wait until this credit crunch passes. Until then, I am going to work on getting CLI's.
15 years 3 months ago #11
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Yes I joined Upromise last year, which is how I found out about the credit card, and I use it, but it takes them so long to post transactions and it seems like it takes forever to build an amount worth talking about. I used to have the Upromise toolbar so I wouldn't have to worry about logging into my account before I shopped online, but it made my computer to slow and act up at times.
15 years 3 months ago #12

Fixed! Seems like you were thinking more of paying bills that are due:laugh:

Well, I got me old eyes on:
1. Citibank
2. Discover
3. Chase
4. Bofa
:innocent:

The upromise is pretty cool, but do you shop at the participating stores that are listed? Either way it goes, you know I got your back.
15 years 3 months ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What credit card(s) due you have your eye on for 2009?

I'm saving my inquiries for the PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa and it seems so far away and it actually is. :fun:
15 years 3 months ago #14
  • charonh
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by charonh

Ok guys I am not going to apply for any new credit in 2009, but the two cards I would like in 2010 are Sallie Mae (BOA) and Upromise (Citi). I only want them to help with my student loans and after I've paid off all of my existing revolving debt!:innocent: Dang I didn't mean to put "due", I meant "do" in the title. Meya can you help fix that?
15 years 3 months ago #15