Bank of America Accolades Amex

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

I agree, if you're not going to reap a lot of benefits, what's the point. The Amex black card comes with a lot of perks and caters to the wealthy, it is not designed for your everyday, average card holders. Black card holders are usually rich, famous, etc. and are not worried about the annual fee, since BOA is trying to make this one comparable to it, I'm assuming those individuals who do have it aren't worried about the annual fee, hence if you're worried about the fee, maybe it isn't the card for you.
15 years 4 months ago #1
  • wmarat
  • wmarat's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

wmarat, I read the same thing about the requirements for the Accolades card but it also says that if you do have those requirements we will waive the $295 annual fee which leads me to believe that you can still qualify for the card although you might not have the assets required. Maybe you can "Grandfather" your way in.............

Then like Meya said, if you don't have those kind of assets, the card would have to have something outstanding for the average person to fork over that annual fee ($25 a month)

Going to find out tomorrow.............

I do not think so, even more I am not sure this card is worth an effort.

I am basically allergic to AF. so card should have very attractive perks, which I doubt it has.

Please note, BOA is my primary bank and I am pleased with it very much.
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

wmarat, I read the same thing about the requirements for the Accolades card but it also says that if you do have those requirements we will waive the $295 annual fee which leads me to believe that you can still qualify for the card although you might not have the assets required. Maybe you can "Grandfather" your way in.............

Then like Meya said, if you don't have those kind of assets, the card would have to have something outstanding for the average person to fork over that annual fee ($25 a month)

Going to find out tomorrow.............
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

This will never be a card for me then:fun:
15 years 4 months ago #4
  • wmarat

To get the Accolades, a person must be a Premier client, have at least 100k in investments through BOA or/and 500k morgage.
15 years 4 months ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

Smcc, good luck with that and keep us updated! :cool:
15 years 4 months ago #6

They (BOA) will have to show me the benefits that this card gives me that my Signature card doesn't to warrant the $295 yearly fee.

:shocked: :shocked: You have never lied. This card is strictly for those who make heavy charges like traveling for a business or making business purchases. Those are the ones who I know pay annual fees like that. The owner of my business uses his Amex and Bofa cards for those types of purchases.
15 years 4 months ago #7

I have the following week off and will go into a banking center and see if I can upgrade to the Accolades Card from a Visa Signature. They (BOA) will have to show me the benefits that this card gives me that my Signature card doesn't to warrant the $295 yearly fee.

I know it took a month to get my Signature Card and if they would let me upgrade (yeah right) it would probably need an approval from Moses :cheesing: !
15 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Bank of America Accolades Amex

this card looks like the accelerated reward card doesn't it?
it looks very similar to my girlfriends black amex, I still think its funny how many people think its a centurion card and my gf is like year right i wish.
15 years 4 months ago #9

Thanks for understanding smcc! Ok wmarat, bring on the info about the accolades amex, people are waiting:fun:
15 years 5 months ago #10

No problem Meya, whatever helps everyone
15 years 5 months ago #11

I knew this was going to happen, but smcc, since you started this thread, are you ok with the two postings on top? I put the conversation that you and wmarat had in regards to the Accolades card here from the Discover More Thread. Since those postings were posted before you started this thread, it pushed your new (first topic) down by two. IE...when merging/moving threads, posts will be inserted to the merging thread in chronological order. If you want me to move it, I will do so asap.

Thanks!:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #12
  • wmarat

What thread, I will check for you. If you started it first, I will merge this one over

https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=993

post #98
15 years 5 months ago #13

What thread, I will check for you. If you started it first, I will merge this one over
15 years 5 months ago #14
  • wmarat

You guys are going to laugh but it was I who mentioned Accolades card.

Anyway, Accolades, being top BOA card, can not be compared to Centurion, different leagues.
15 years 5 months ago #15