Black Card by Visa

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

:cheesing:
15 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

Well, Goldly, they denied me ! I could see if the card was Blackly :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #2

Meya, I think the AMEX Delta Skymiles is a prime card but offered to those with subprime credit. That's the only card I can think of.
15 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

You know what, didn't there used to be plenty of tier banks who offered sub-primed cards. I remember when Wells Fargo had one some years ago. I just can't find many that does it now. :worried:
15 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

It is strange but subprime lenders have exclusive cards.

Cap One - Prestige Card
HSBC - Saks World Elite MC.
GEMB - Sothby's World Elite MC. (If I am not mistaken)
And now Barclay.
15 years 3 months ago #5

I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying a like that from a sub-prime lender.
15 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

They can still keep it exclusive by accepting invitation only applications.

True, it just seems so tacky. But that is Barclay's for ya.
15 years 3 months ago #7

They can still keep it exclusive by accepting invitation only applications.
15 years 3 months ago #8
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Black Card by Visa

Waive the annual fee hjm331 and you take away a layer of exclusiveness. Anyway at that level of income needed to qualify, if your concerned about the annual fee then this card is not for you.

I would love to have one of these cards, make no mistake, but Colonative is right, if I can walk into a car dealer and get financed in 10 minutes and walk out with the car of my dreams that fits into my budget, then life is good :cheesing:

I guess its the idea of walking into any establishment no matter what the product or cost, pulling that piece of plastic out of your pocket and being approved without blinking an eye that does it for me. Then going home transferring those funds to pay of your credit card purchase and raking in all those points :cheesing:!
15 years 3 months ago #9

These cards are nice but their annual fees are way too high. They should waive the annual fee and I'm sure they'll attract more consumers. They really don't need to charge a high annual fee because it's aimed towards "the rich and famous" and those type of consumers will incorporate this card into their lifestyle which includes high priced purchases such as shopping on Rodeo Drive and they will make plenty money off of merchant fees anyway.
15 years 3 months ago #10

Colonative click on my second link in my original post. The card wmarat speaks about is there and yes, its that exclusive !

If you have one of these cards your telling America " you know what, I have excellent credit, great discipline when using my card(s) and the ability to weather any economic storm that comes society's way"

For those of us not in the 1% of the American income level I think we all have solid cards with a good apr's and enough limit to keep us content.

Yup, I did click it and there was an advert in my recent issue of Motor Trend for the Black Card. hmmm, mainstream advertising, doesn't sound so exclusive.

Anyway, I am not trying to be a jerk about this, I just don't need to show some cashier that I have an "exclusive" card-I know I have excellent credit and it feels great when I go buy a car and apply for mortgages and I get the best rates, that is all that matters to me. Besides, in my days of being a cashier now 10 years ago, if someone presented this card I would have thought it was subprime (Tribute, First Premier et al). Just my opinion. I do give them credit for their marketing technique. American's are like cats, we see something shiny and new and we want to pounce on it.

If this card suits you or anybody else, go for it.
15 years 3 months ago #11
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

My man hjm331! Now that's what I'm talking about ! Talk to Card Services (800) 421-2110 and let them know your what you want to do. Since you already have two cards with them and I'm sure your payment history is outstanding with the bank, consider upgrading to the BankAmericard and closing the other unless you have a long history with that card

Had mine for a year hjm331 and they will be upgrading me to the Visa Signature. This same can apply to you to if you so desire. Like you always say, use the card regularly paying if off on time and your on your way.

If for whatever reason they turn you down, obviously find out why and take the reason to position yourself down the road to be accepted the next time you apply.

FYI --> Once your approved have them put your picture on your card. Saves a lot of time when your shopping and some places will take it as a second form of ID

Make sure your talk to Card Services, anyone else is going to point you too or connect you to them anyway so save the time and aggravation.

Proud of you dog I really am, Good Luck and make this happen :cheesing:
15 years 3 months ago #12

I just calculated the amount of charges this month I made on my BOA Visa and the total was just under $2,900. I like to pay my bills and charge everything on this card and pay it off so I can show BOA that I'm a responsible borrower. I am going to call them after my statement cuts on January 2 and ask them if they can convert my WorldPoints card to the Americard so I can take advantage of their rewards program and I just can't take my eyes off the Americard design. It has excellent credit and accomplished written all over it even though my FICO scores all under 700. I still need to work on my report but I'm getting there!
15 years 3 months ago #13
  • smcc
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Colonative click on my second link in my original post. The card wmarat speaks about is there and yes, its that exclusive !

If you have one of these cards your telling America " you know what, I have excellent credit, great discipline when using my card(s) and the ability to weather any economic storm that comes society's way"

For those of us not in the 1% of the American income level I think we all have solid cards with a good apr's and enough limit to keep us content.
15 years 3 months ago #14

Indeed to each his own even when we talk about exlusivness of CC's. Obviously, you consider Amex Centurion as an exlusive card, while I do not think so. It is expensive card with a lot of perks but not exclusive.

I would consider Coutts and Co's World Card or Dubai First as exlusive cards.

Happy Holidays.

Never heard of them and they don't sound American.
15 years 3 months ago #15