Replied by Meya on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

5/20/2009
14 years 11 months ago #1
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Jay1, pay them no mind ok? They are shooting rubber financial pellets and every now and then we will need to duck. LOL

:innocent: :innocent: :suicide:
15 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

We did a drive by on her thread

OMG...you all are too funny!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Well at least this drive-by was postive and constructive. :cheesing:

Jay1, pay them no mind ok? They are shooting rubber financial pellets and every now and then we will need to duck. LOL

So Jay1 - tell us, when do Kay and Jareds usually have their secret type sales? You know, the ones that they really do not advertise? *wink wink*
15 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

There used to be big signs hanging from the celings of every store. I am suprised they didn't offer it to you.
15 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

We did a drive by on her thread

:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

Thanks honeyb, we did not want to be back-slapped from ruining your thread

We did a drive by on her thread :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Thanks honeyb, we did not want to be back-slapped from ruining your thread:fun:
15 years 5 months ago #7
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Jay1, now I did see a flyer which mentioned the $500/20% down, I am curious because my purchase was over $500 and I did not put anything down. So if I had put 20% then I would have been qualified for the deal? I am lost!:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #8

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

Meya, Colonative - do not mind me because I am enjoying the posts and the valuable insights. I agree about Macys that it is weird how their accounts are set up, must be a drag for their Accounting department. Geez!:fun:
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

Hello all, Kay is my specialty as I manged for them for 13 years. You may already know that Kay is owned by Sterling jewelers, which is also Marks and Morgan, Osterman, Belden, Shaw and Jared. The Kay card can be used at all but Jared. Limited or no credit you will always get the $300.00 credit line with 20% down for the first 6 months or so. Kay offers 90 day interest free financing on purchase $500.00 or over with 20% down ( BE CAREFUL) one day late and all intrest is retro active. This can be overturned once, with a vist to your local store with a phone call from the manager to Sterling. Gold waranties or ESP is not recomended as they were $35.00 when I left 2 years ago for purchases under $150.00 you can repair or size for much less than that and most people forget they ever bought it, the store won't remind you that you did.
15 years 5 months ago #10
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

:white-flag: :white-flag: :kiss:
15 years 5 months ago #11

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Kay Jeweler...Invisible CLI for 1st Time Purchases

Thanks! My friends all say that I am the knower of all random information. It's true but it comes in handy sometimes.
15 years 5 months ago #12
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

:dumbfounded: Please, we need positive info in here. Bring all that you have.
15 years 5 months ago #13

No, it is treated as a temporary installment account which evaporates once paid. It only exists when they approve it and it closes when it is paid. This is why I was assuming that the do this so that it does not go on to our reports as an over payment. But now wait a minute, before I carry this story on any further, I am assuming this is true, let me wait until some else who actually done this steps in.

Help someone!

Oh that would be cool. I think it does get closed out once paid, Foley's & Robinsons-May et al (pre-Macy's May dept stores) used to have these too, they were treated as Installment Sales Contracts.
I think it can stay on the credit bureau though because as I said somewhere else (I am all over the place tonight) the major purchase/club accounts have the same account number as your regular Macy's except for the last two digits. I have seen peoples credit reports that still have the major purchase account on the bureau with a $0 balance.

Anway, I hope you all don't think I am a know-it-all, these are just things I have observed and I would hate to see you have a new account on your bureau that you don't want.
15 years 5 months ago #14
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

No, it is treated as a temporary installment account which evaporates once paid. It only exists when they approve it and it closes when it is paid. This is why I was assuming that the do this so that it does not go on to our reports as an over payment. But now wait a minute, before I carry this story on any further, I am assuming this is true, let me wait until some else who actually done this steps in.

Help someone! :relieved:
15 years 5 months ago #15