The highest initial CL.

Replied by smcc on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Yes it is. Had to move $10K of limit from that card to my Visa Signature Card so the limit now is $31K
15 years 5 months ago #31
  • wmarat
  • wmarat's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Bank of America Signature Visa $41K

WOW.
Is this limit reported to CRA's?
15 years 5 months ago #32

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

My highest credit limit is $5,000 with the Chase Freedom Visa. My next one is my Discover More card with $3,000. Everything else is $2,000 or below.
15 years 5 months ago #33

Replied by smcc on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Bank of America Signature Visa $41K
15 years 5 months ago #34

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Well, if it wasn't for Capital One, I wouldn't have the cards that I have today.
15 years 5 months ago #35
  • wmarat

Wmarat, I agree with you but those are the ignorant consumers who blame the lender for something that they have experienced but really it's themselves that they should blame for it. A lot of consumers have had a Capital One card in the past that's helped them build their credit and helped them reach their goals that has put them into the situation they are in right now. Unfortunately, they won't admit that because they get carried away with their egos.

Cap 1 is far away from being an angel. It makes money on sub prime customers, means it willingly takes risk and often refuses to grow with good costumers.
At the same time some customers think that without them bank will go belly up and demand too much.
I have very limited experience with Cap 1 and it was mostly negative.
15 years 5 months ago #36

I don't think I will ever be able to join PenFed. I'm currently with Wescom CU right now and going to look into applying for some cards with a few local CU's in a couple years to diversify my card portfolio.
15 years 5 months ago #37

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Kays $5000

Carnival Sea Miles $4250
15 years 5 months ago #38

Wmarat, I agree with you but those are the ignorant consumers who blame the lender for something that they have experienced but really it's themselves that they should blame for it. A lot of consumers have had a Capital One card in the past that's helped them build their credit and helped them reach their goals that has put them into the situation they are in right now. Unfortunately, they won't admit that because they get carried away with their egos.
15 years 5 months ago #39

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Discover 2k
kays 4300
15 years 5 months ago #40
  • wmarat

Wow, that's really cool. The thing I love about Capital One is that they know how to do business. They reward their customers and keep their customers happy so their customers will keep doing business with them. That is why I'd rather have a Capital One card rather than an AMEX.

Let me disagree. You can find gazillion threads all over the net claiming that Cap 1 is Crap 1.
15 years 5 months ago #41
  • wmarat

Yeah but yalls are like double if not triple than mine. Its all good though. I love my Chase Freedom Card

I am shure you'll be there.

It took me 2 years to get from 1k secured credit to almost 130k of unsecured.

Unfortunately, can not share your love for Chase for only 1 reason:
They pull hard for CLI.
15 years 5 months ago #42
  • wmarat

Colonative, did you meet the membership requirements or did you buy your membership? For example, you can pay a certain amount of money to join an association which allows you to join the CU.

PenFed is open to everyone through membership in NMFA.
15 years 5 months ago #43

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Id say cap one also. My reason is that HSBC is so stingy on their cli's until it will discourage card holders from using it. WE use cards that we know treat us right more often than others. Well at least I do. I only charge junk on Orchards card.....hummmm which reminds me, I better go and charge some sodas and paper towels on it. That's all they are getting from me. They want to treat me like a cli begging Slave, I am going to charge like the Master......you gets nothing!
:white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #44

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I wonder who's doing better though. HSBC or Capital One?

In terms of customer satifaction I'd say Capital One. If customers are happy then the bank will be happy. I'd never do business with that foreign owned HSBC anyway.
15 years 5 months ago #45