The highest initial CL.

Replied by rhymeratic on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Chase PerfectCard
CLI $1500
15 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by charonh on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Citi Flex Line of Credit $9500 opened 12/07. Citi has been very good to me, in all I have approximately $22,000 extended credit from them. Home Depot Rewards Mastercard 6K, Citi Cash Returns 5K, Regular Home Depot 3500. I love Citibank!!!!!!!!
15 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Well IDK I just assumed, can anyone clarify?
15 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Me niether :worried: :embarrassed:
15 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I've never heard that before.
15 years 4 months ago #5

I thought you can only move the CL if theres a zero balance?
15 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Eldarwen, it wouldn't matter if someone reallocates credit lines between their credit cards as long as there is no decrease in the amounts that are being transferred because he would still have the same amount of total credit. However, it would be a different story if there were balances on the cards. Let's say that someone has a card with a $3,500 CL and has a balance of $2,500 and wants to reallocate $750 of the CL to another card that he/she uses a lot more because of the better rewards program. THAT would be a bad move because now the card with the $2,500 will look maxed out and that doesn't look good at all.
15 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I agree with Colonative about anything over 20k, i would have decreased.

I have a Citi Dividends which i have had since 1984, and its now up to 23,500...( just increased again on 11/3)
Citi Amex at 12,500 and Drivers Edge at 3k

I am probably getting close to maximum credit with Citi, and may consolidate the Drivers edge into the Amex in the near future.....I'm getting nervous having that much credit with them at 39k, not to mention the additional credit with Chase Visa Signature at 7,500....., Cap One at 4,500, and finally HSBC at 3,900

54k is nervously alot of credit, of which more than half i don't need.

The highest initial credit line i have personally approved when i worked at Citi, was 75k, and it was before Signature accounts were offered. Amex gave me a 15k ceiling to go up to each month

I would keep all of that 54k because it really helps you and your score in the long run. If you decrease any of the limits it dings your score. Because utilization goes up. If your are afraid of having that much credit, only keep one low limit card in your wallet, it is always good to have that much back up if you are really in a bind.
15 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

I have a Citi Dividends which i have had since 1984, and its now up to 23,500...( just increased again on 11/3)

I am probably getting close to maximum credit with Citi, and may consolidate the Drivers edge into the Amex in the near future.....I'm getting nervous having that much credit with them at 39k, not to mention the additional credit with Chase Visa Signature at 7,500....., Cap One at 4,500, and finally HSBC at 3,900

See, since I am mental over Member Since dates, that would be really cool to flash a card with Member Since 1984 on it! You should be proud of that. I am proud of my 1998 and 1999's!

I have noticed that Citi has taken the Dividend card (for non students) off their website. I would keep the Driver's Edge and put some of that extra credit line from your Dividend to the Driver's Edge, say $3,500? Citi does do this.
15 years 4 months ago #9

Wow, i have never heard of them doing that!! That will add considerable points to your baseline scores. That would make for some really nice aging!!

Check your reports and let us know how many points you gained by that!

I actually have heard about them doing this. But I thought they would just put "Member Since 99" on the card, I didn't think it would be the credit report too! But it makes sense, I have reviewed countless credit reports in my time and I have noticed people who had multiple Amex's opened in the same year, well now it makes sense. But yes, this is really beneficial, because now it looks like I have not opened any new credit in 2008 and it adds another pre 2000 tradeline.

The Equifax FICO said I have an 814 but that somehow seems a little inflated. Besides this "1999" account, I have two 1998 and two other 1999 open accounts all in good standing of course. I turned the dreaded 30 years old this year, so I have almost 11 year old credit. 1998 might not look that long ago now, but it is adding up. It will be really cool in another 10 years to have open, active accounts from the 1990's.

Anyway, this was really a pleasant surprise. I know alot of people are anti-Amex right now but wow.
15 years 4 months ago #10

RivasGlo, how often do they give auto-CLI's? Once ever 6 months? Once a year?

I've herd about Chase's Auto CLI's.
I've had Chase for 2 years and no auto CLI.

From my experience on my Chase Flexible Rewards... They love tons and tons of big payments and alot alot alot of usage. They do a soft pull at least once a month to keep an eye on me... All the CLI I rcvd showed like one day before the billing date.

Opened 01/2007 CL $500 (first CC ever)
Auto CLI 02/2007 to $800
Auto CLI 05/2007 to $1300
Auto CLI 04/2008 to $1600

I was not approved immediatly for this card until a few days later it showed up on "My Accounts" at Chase.com. The first few months... I had really really really high utilization, like 90%, no joke. I would make purchases and charge up to my CL and then PIF or leave a small bal... I carried a balance for a long time and when I finally PIF 03/2008... Boom! An AUTO CLI.
15 years 4 months ago #11

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

The highest initial credit line i have personally approved when i worked at Citi, was 75k, and it was before Signature accounts were offered. Amex gave me a 15k ceiling to go up to each month
15 years 4 months ago #12

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Wow, i have never heard of them doing that!! That will add considerable points to your baseline scores. That would make for some really nice aging!!

Check your reports and let us know how many points you gained by that!
15 years 4 months ago #13

Colonative, currently have an 06 530I and my wife has an 06 325I. The new 6 Series in Black with the convertible top is wicked going down the road. We just got our cars in August/September 08 and my objective is to keep the miles low, keep the car for three years until I'm not upside down in the loan, and work a deal with the BMW dealer where they finish paying off my car and I look into a lease for the 6 series.

I won't argue with that. The 6-Series is a good looking car, and rare. I will always love the 8-Series the best.

Regarding your post about the American Express. I have to say, I LOVE them right now. I had a Gold Card opened 4/99 closed 3/05 because of the annual fee. I opened an Amex Blue this year, 9/08. I just pulled my credit report and guess what, Amex BACKDATES your open date if you previously had an Amex before. So my two-month-old Amex Blue is reporting opened 9/1999!(they took the month I opened Blue and took the year I opened my first Amex). A two month old account reporting as a 9 year old account. Nobody else does that.
15 years 4 months ago #14

Replied by smcc on topic Re: The highest initial CL.

Colonative, currently have an 06 530I and my wife has an 06 325I. The new 6 Series in Black with the convertible top is wicked going down the road. We just got our cars in August/September 08 and my objective is to keep the miles low, keep the car for three years until I'm not upside down in the loan, and work a deal with the BMW dealer where they finish paying off my car and I look into a lease for the 6 series.
15 years 4 months ago #15