BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

I honestly don't think that they were unable to verify your identity. They must've seen something on Chex systems that they didn't like it. If there was an issue with your identity, they would've asked you to send in a copy of your utility bill, driver license, or SS card.

Wow B of A is getting down like this now wow but yea They must've seen something on Chex systems that they didn't like If there was an issue with your identity, they would've asked you to send in a copy of your utility bill, driver license, or SS card
14 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by krave on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

krave - patience, "... one day at at time..."!

i will try Wanderer, i will.. :cheesing:

this credit stuff is really addicting! hahahah!!!
14 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

krave - patience, "... one day at at time..."!
14 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by krave on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

@hjm331 - yup! i do have the chase freedom. =) always using it and PIF each month.

@colonative - thanks!

i'm really glad i found this website. i am learning a lot of things. =)
14 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

ah i see... if the economy is not in crisis right now, i would have called them and requested for a rewards card too.. but since BoA is being a paranoid right now and closing accounts "just because".... i will not make a move until the crisis is over...

Smart move.
14 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

Krave, the rewards are not worth risking the existence of your account. Just keep using whatever you have now until the dust settles.

Weren't you approved for a Chase Freedom card? You can use that card to earn points. Just make sure you PIF before the grace period or else you will end up paying interest which will defeat the purpose of the rewards.
14 years 1 month ago #6

ah i see... if the economy is not in crisis right now, i would have called them and requested for a rewards card too.. but since BoA is being a paranoid right now and closing accounts "just because".... i will not make a move until the crisis is over...
14 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

I remember calling in and requesting for my student Visa to be a converted to a rewards card. A few weeks later the WorldPoints Visa account showed up on my BoA homepage.
14 years 1 month ago #8

i see.. but did you make the request to convert it? or they did it automatically after 12 months..? im wondering why i still have a student visa... it's been more than a year now...
14 years 1 month ago #9

BoA converted my student visa to a worldpoints after 12 months of on-time payments but rewards weren't all that great.
14 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by krave on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Krave, here's what I posted the day after BoA closed my accounts. I'm not trying to discourage you from doing business with them but hopefully my experiences with them will help you learn how to deal with them..

thanks for posting that hjm331... BoA just dont care about their customers! i think i have to stay away from their radar from now on.. no more CLI requests.... i wonder what is their limit for a student card?

but shouldn't they convert the student card to a regular visa platinum plus after sometime? i mean, you can't be a student forever, right? i dont get their explanation, at all! that was really unfair... and it was one of your oldest accounts! my BoA Visa is my first CC (July 2008)... so after 2 years of having a student visa with them, they lower the limit and close it? that's sooo bad...:scared: what about the effort of building your credit? they don't care?
14 years 1 month ago #11

Usually, the best thing to do is to apply for a new checking account at a branch but now that the only way you can get free checking is by applying online makes you wonder how they would verify your identity.
14 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: BOFA closing 60% Credit Cards with scores under 750?

That is kind of scary.......actually really scary. It is way too easy to make a mistake like that. Those big banks can really screw a persons life up.
14 years 1 month ago #13

I honestly don't think that they were unable to verify your identity. They must've seen something on Chex systems that they didn't like it. If there was an issue with your identity, they would've asked you to send in a copy of your utility bill, driver license, or SS card.
14 years 1 month ago #14

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I have a horrible Bank of America story as well. It's not regarding a credit card.

I opened a checking and savings account in January '08. This was my second bank account ever, I had previous accounts with West Coast Bank for about eight months. After opening the account with Bank of America "online", I wasn't able to log-in my online banking after two weeks. I called immediately. To find they were closing my accounts. I hadn't received my debit card yet. That rep told me it was because of a check card fraud - I explained I had not received my card. She transfers me someone else, he said that rep was wrong, and my accounts were being closed in the banks best interest; with no reasoning he refused to tell why. The next day I called again, a rep told me someone has the same social security number as and that person is using it wrongful (different name, same social? wtf.). She told me to go to the social security office and file some paperwork. Once arriving at the social security office, I called the bank once more to ask an additional question - this rep told me that I shouldn't be at the social security office, and the person I talked to should not have told me to come here. At that point I had already reported a identity theft precaution to the federal government. This rep told me there was nothing I could do. The next day I went to the branch. Explained everything to the manager... He said it's odd. Made some calls, he actually located the person who closed my accounts, but couldn't get a phone number; we concluded with an email. He calls me later that day, says - there is nothing he can do. At the time, I had one credit card (score about 702) and no bad refections on my banks status. When my money came in the mail, there was a letter, it said the same stuff about it being in their best interests. The [Edited] up thing is, I never received ANY letters before those. Some additional info, I started the accounts with a combined amount of $400 and started them online. I don't know if that makes a difference. The only reason I opened them was for the mobile iPhone app. Which Mint.com covers well nowadays.[/quote] Bank of America people. Credit Unions Strive, strive!
14 years 1 month ago #15