Best Buy Rewards MC

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Add me too :white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #16

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

DeShoni, stay away from AMEX! I was the same way a year ago and I got caught into the hype. I called in to close my AMEX account today because they reduced my $1k CL down to $500 without any notice. Also, when my account was 3 weeks old, they suspended my account without any notice and asked me to fax in my 4506-T tax form. I do not like them at all. Closing my AMEX account was probably the best move I made and take this word of advice, don't waste an inquiry on them. They are not worth it and have some ridiculous practices that will never make sense to me.

Amex is like dr jeckyl and mr hyde (sp?) The want you but they don't want you. They give you a cl but don't want you to use it. They send you offers for their revolver cards and when you revolve a balance they cld you. And did I mention their outrageous fees? A great big H*LL no!:white-flag:
Way too much of a headache and drama for me.
15 years 5 months ago #17

Replied by _Leo_ on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Congratulations on your approval! I have this card, started with a $300 cl and about 6 months later they gave me $100 cl increase without asking so now its $400, since i pay off my balance every month they should of given me a little more but oh well. goodluck
15 years 5 months ago #18

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

It's truth, you know I wouldn't lie to you. Anyone who bribes about carrying an AMEX card hasn't been on AMEX's bad-side for no apparent reason.
15 years 5 months ago #19
  • DeShoni
  • DeShoni's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Wow hjm! That was some food for thought!:shocked:
15 years 5 months ago #20

DeShoni, stay away from AMEX! I was the same way a year ago and I got caught into the hype. I called in to close my AMEX account today because they reduced my $1k CL down to $500 without any notice. Also, when my account was 3 weeks old, they suspended my account without any notice and asked me to fax in my 4506-T tax form. I do not like them at all. Closing my AMEX account was probably the best move I made and take this word of advice, don't waste an inquiry on them. They are not worth it and have some ridiculous practices that will never make sense to me.
15 years 5 months ago #21
  • DeShoni

Great info! But Charonh, why do you shy away from HSBC? I'm really trying to work my way up to an Amex card. Lol
15 years 5 months ago #22

Well, when your receive the card, call the number on the back of the card. Tell the customer service rep. that you would like to close the account because your credit line is too low. They will transfer you to a manager who will make you an offer. Try to get a CLI from them without any fees and hard pull. Also, try to get your annual fee waived or cut in half while you're at it.
15 years 5 months ago #23

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

Congratulations and enjoy your new card! I myself, don't touch anything that HSBC has to do with, but I love Best Buy for their variety of electronics, gadgets, and whatnots.
15 years 5 months ago #24
  • DeShoni

hjm....that's a great idea (no af). Any tactics I should try when calling Cust Svc?
15 years 5 months ago #25

Congrats. Are you going to call customer service and threaten them that if they don't waive the annual fee and give you a CLI, you will close the account?:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #26
  • DeShoni

Cool beans....I will keep the store card in mind. Thanks!:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #27

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy Rewards MC

To be honest I think its better to get the store card de to the high CL and no AF. Although the MC cold be used just abut anywhere. I was pre-selected for the card an got the $300 CL. A year or two later all they could give me for being a good cardholder is $20 CLI. Try for the store card if anything. I wish I had known bot applyng for this card for the hgher limit. Anyways, CONGRATS on the approval.
15 years 5 months ago #28
  • DeShoni

was created by DeShoni

I applied and was approved....waiting on it's arrival. Yes, I'm rebuilding too. $300 CL
15 years 5 months ago #29