Discover Motiva

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Discover More Card

Opt out through the 3 Cb's. I did that years ago and it work just fine. But, I keep getting business pre-approvals. When you have a license, they can pull that from the State Board. :worried:
15 years 4 months ago #76

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Discover More Card

Received another pre approval for a Discover More card over the weekend. I know I can opt out of the Pre Screen process but when does a company do a "take away" and stop sending pre approval applications other than your credit score dropping and you don't qualify anymore ?
15 years 4 months ago #77

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Discover More Card

Come from the old school wmarat. I have the best cards that BOA has to offer (Signature and BankAmericard) and doing comparison research these cards are not that much different than top of the line cards from other Bank Issuers. AMEX sat on top of the hill when I was growing up and although other issues have come on board the "No Pre Set Spending Limit" Ship Amex is still commanding the vessel.

Nothing wrong with Discover, they are great cards with perks that are second to none. Its just a personal vice of mine. Have been pre approved for the "More" and now the "Motiva" card. CITI has approached me about a card. Again all great cards but want an AMEX

I've not had any problems with my Amex Blue as of yet. However, I have excellent, established credit and I live in one of the wealthiest counties in the US-so I think I am safe. If you have scores under 700 and live in an area that might have people with credit problems, then I agree with everyone else, avoid the Amex.
15 years 5 months ago #78

:laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
15 years 5 months ago #79

2 charge off that I have paid Meya, good scores but not going to happen soon (Getting AMEX card) Kinda biding time you know ? Will look into Accolade AMEX.

Pre Set Spending Limit - Well aware of that whole scenario or as they call it on the Credit Report "Flexible Spending Account" :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #80

Ok, well, I wish you all the luck on the approval. Whatever the outcome is, I AM STILL AGAINST AMEX:fun:
15 years 5 months ago #81

Come from the old school wmarat. I have the best cards that BOA has to offer (Signature and BankAmericard) and doing comparison research these cards are not that much different than top of the line cards from other Bank Issuers. AMEX sat on top of the hill when I was growing up and although other issues have come on board the "No Pre Set Spending Limit" Ship Amex is still commanding the vessel.

Nothing wrong with Discover, they are great cards with perks that are second to none. Its just a personal vice of mine. Have been pre approved for the "More" and now the "Motiva" card. CITI has approached me about a card. Again all great cards but want an AMEX
15 years 5 months ago #82

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Discover More Card

Not upset at my boy hjm331 Meya, He has always stated the truth when it comes to AMEX. I still want one though, maybe I will only have enough limit to get me a dozen Krispy Kreme's and a Bart Pass

I can not understand your passion for Amex. Amex is no more "Best of Breed", besides Amex is in huge trouble and I believe not far away from filing BK. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602007&sid=a.SS7_usmSqk&refer=govt_bonds .
15 years 5 months ago #83

Not upset at my boy hjm331 Meya, He has always stated the truth when it comes to AMEX. I still want one though, maybe I will only have enough limit to get me a dozen Krispy Kreme's and a Bart Pass :cheesing: but I will have an AMEX nevertheless !

The Discover Motiva is nice and my research has shown me you have to have excellent credit to be considered but its not an AMEX
15 years 5 months ago #84

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Discover More Card

If amex did that to me, yeah, i'd close it,and tell them where that card could be put, but first i'd apply for a co-branded Amex with Citi or BOA

That's just ruthless:upset:
15 years 5 months ago #85

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover More Card

Well, we can't force him to do anything but we can strongly advise him not to apply for an AMEX for his own good but it's his decision at the end of the day.
15 years 5 months ago #86

:dumbfounded: :dumbfounded: I know you are not going for it are you smcc? :shocked:
15 years 5 months ago #87

I can see smcc posting a thread a couple months later stating that he closed his account because AMEX slashed his $20k limit down to $500.
15 years 5 months ago #88

Ok guys Discover has now sent me a pre-approval for a Motiva Card ! You gotta love it ! Cmon AMEX send me a pre-approval !
15 years 5 months ago #89

I am going to crip walk with all my 270 lbs of flesh! When I get through sweating and locked up in the legs, I am calling eveyone in this thread out. It's going to be a "Soul Train" line up

I can't wait! :cool:
15 years 5 months ago #90