Discover Motiva

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover Motiva

Is the $300 CL the original CL they approved you for? GEMB likes to gives increases every 4 months but I don't know how they are with CLI's right now with the way the economy is.
15 years 9 months ago #181
  • cireone
  • cireone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Discover Motiva

The limit is $300, and I only go there when needed. Ive had the card for about 4 months bu thave only used it twice. Not quite an avid Walmart shopper.
15 years 9 months ago #182

What's your limit on the card right now? How much do you usually spend on the card monthly?
15 years 9 months ago #183
  • cireone
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Well, Ive been only using the store card to by food, household goods, and diapers for the baby. Only place where prices are much lower on a regular basis. Hate the lines and customer service delays but its a sacrifice for the price.
15 years 9 months ago #184

GEMB is a little bit pickier than HSBC. If you shop a lot at Wal-mart, then I would heavily use the card for 6 months or so and ask to be converted to the Wal-mart Discover card.
15 years 9 months ago #185
  • cireone
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Applied at Walmart and only got approved for the store card. Its strange that the Direct Rewards Discover and Walmart Discover are both listed as "good credit" cards but seems like Walmart is harder to get approval.
15 years 9 months ago #186

The Wal-mart discover card should also be easier to obtain than a regular Discover card.
15 years 9 months ago #187
  • cireone
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

They made it seem like its a card that people with different credit profiles can apply for. On the website it clearly states what the APRs will be based on your credit profile. But then I was thinking, Discover helping out someone who doesnt have ideal credit scores, too good to be true. I dont know why they would lead applicants to believe that they could actually go for the Discover. So it seems that the only true Discover credit card for people with less than perfect credit is the one issued by HSBC (Direct Rewards).
15 years 9 months ago #188

The Discover Motiva card is considered to be least rewarding card in the Discover card family but it's supposed to be the easiest to get. You still have to have good credit but I guess cards like Discover Open Road or Discover More require a credit report without any flaws. I wouldn't go crazy over a Discover card just yet because they are accepted in very few places. I'd rather carry a Visa or Mastercard so I won't have any problems using my credit card. Just about every business currently is accepted Visa and Mastercard.
15 years 9 months ago #189
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Discover Motiva

I like this Discover Motiva card...I thought they would have a friendlier base for customer who may have had a baddie or two with the tiers...but I dont think they do...the only Discover card I have is 2 hsbc discovers one for $1k and another with a $500 limit
15 years 9 months ago #190
  • cireone
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by cireone

Does anyone know the specifics on this card????
I now that if you carry a balance and make on time payments they reward you by waiving the interest rate for the next month after the consequetive online payments. I was scanning through the website and it showed various rates for different tyoes of credit profiles.
Does this mean that the card is not as exclusive as the other Discover cards????
It would be nice to have an actual discover card.
15 years 9 months ago #191