Discover Motiva

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Discover More Card

The 2Go card seems well built, but I really don't use my Discover card because of the fact that not a lot of places take it.
15 years 5 months ago #136

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Discover More Card

I love the designs that you can choose from. I love looking at my Labrador Retriever card. What I also have from Discover is the Discover 2GO. It is the Discover card but it folds out of it's little case and I can swipe it. So no need to fish around in my wallet for it

I know, they are really cool. I like the optional Discover Card designs because they have that late 90's holographic DISCOVER logo. I don' care for the newer all black letters except the orange "O" I really like the Water, shamrocks and lucky 7 dice. Oh and that frog one.
15 years 5 months ago #137

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Discover More Card

That is how I lost my mini bofa debt card. It cracked from the side.:upset:
15 years 5 months ago #138

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Discover More Card

I'm never been a fan of mini credit cards or anything of that sort because they can easily get lost and it increases the chance of fraud on your account which I would hate to deal with. I just use a regular sized credit card and I go home with one less thing to worry about.
15 years 5 months ago #139

I think Discover is a very hard card to get, and Discover senior rep told me when i was approved for the More card. The reason is that Discover owns its own bank, and is very conservatively based with lending practices.

That says alot as to why they are very stringent on cli's, as you can request an increase at every 6 mos, and if the account is eligible, there's no hard pull, but if the system needs more info, there would be one. I wanted to know their policy before i went and asked for one. I don't need one more inquiry right now as i'm in the middle of a mortgage loan, and that would kill my approval.

Besides, Discover has the coolest card designs i've ever seen, and their cards are really sophisticated looking....

I love the designs that you can choose from. I love looking at my Labrador Retriever card. What I also have from Discover is the Discover 2GO. It is the Discover card but it folds out of it's little case and I can swipe it. So no need to fish around in my wallet for it
15 years 5 months ago #140

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: Discover More Card

I think Discover is a very hard card to get, and Discover senior rep told me when i was approved for the More card. The reason is that Discover owns its own bank, and is very conservatively based with lending practices.

That says alot as to why they are very stringent on cli's, as you can request an increase at every 6 mos, and if the account is eligible, there's no hard pull, but if the system needs more info, there would be one. I wanted to know their policy before i went and asked for one. I don't need one more inquiry right now as i'm in the middle of a mortgage loan, and that would kill my approval.

Besides, Discover has the coolest card designs i've ever seen, and their cards are really sophisticated looking....
15 years 5 months ago #141

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Discover More Card

I want the card HJM331, could care less about the limit, its the one card that's eluded me. My problem is I have to wait out the bad marks that I have paid off but will not drop off soon enough. Its like havng the key to the lock, the key fits but you can't turn the knob far enough to open the door.
15 years 5 months ago #142

The reason why I closed my AMEX card is because I had a feeling that they would close it before the new year so I beat them to it and it will show up as "Closed by consumer" rather than "Closed by creditor".
15 years 5 months ago #143

With a toy limit card, it's not hard to come close ($500 limit). But, I have made a point to really watch my limits and balances. I would be PO'ed if Discover or Chase gave me a CLD. It will be buisness as usual for them, so I can't really be mad.
15 years 5 months ago #144

Smcc, one of my friends has an AMEX Green and even though it DIDN'T have a pre-set spending limit, it does now because AMEX put a $1,500 spending limit on it.
15 years 5 months ago #145

I just want the card Eldarwen. I already have a no pre set spending Visa card and a high limit Visa Card. I will use the card maybe once a month for a business lunch and call it quits. Just to pass its strenuous requirements to get the card or maybe a gold card works. I will be more upset at a CLD on my other two cards. My Signature card was approved with no limit given and I had to transfer some of my limit off my other Visa to the Signature Card so I could make that happen.

A CLD ? Try getting approved for a card but because you have maxed out your limit with the bank they can only give you the card by moving some limit from card (a) to card (b) !

I hear you though...........
15 years 5 months ago #146

HJM331 I agree with you, I will save the hard hit. I have a high limit card and a no pre set spending card. I have scores all over 700 but because of some mistakes in 2005 I can't get the AMEX I want. Discover is cool but not the status of AMEX. I'll take the AMEX green and call it a life after that.

Until they give you a credit line decrease or put a cap on your Amex green card.
15 years 5 months ago #147

HJM331 I agree with you, I will save the hard hit. I have a high limit card and a no pre set spending card. I have scores all over 700 but because of some mistakes in 2005 I can't get the AMEX I want. Discover is cool but not the status of AMEX. I'll take the AMEX green and call it a life after that.
15 years 5 months ago #148

I think it's based on your annual spending at JCP.
15 years 5 months ago #149

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Discover More Card

I have heard about the JCP Mastercard and it's only available to consumers who spend a good amount of money at JCP. It's a rewards card so it makes sense to reward your loyal customers.

Not only money but also time. I've herd (rumor, can not prove it) that requirment is to have store card at least for 10 years.
15 years 5 months ago #150