Walmart Discover

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Walmart Discover

That's a good thing! Keep up the history and please keep up your experience with this card because it is on my tier one list next year!
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1
  • shark6
  • shark6's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Walmart Discover

I pulled my Truecredit report and Experian is now reporting my Wal-Mart/Discover card. I just got it on Tuesday 07/15 and it's is already showing up on my credit report.
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Walmart Discover

It's on the top right part of your screen.
15 years 9 months ago #3
  • shark6

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Walmart Discover

Thanks Guys.
15 years 9 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Walmart Discover

Way to go Sharks6! That is heck of cool especially comming from Walmart, but then again, you have the Walmart Discover....lol. Add this to your application statuses over to your right
>
15 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Walmart Discover

Congratulations, shark6
15 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Walmart Discover

Woo Hoo! Thats fantastic Shark6 Congratulations!
15 years 9 months ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Walmart Discover

Congrats, there's GEMB for you!
15 years 9 months ago #8
  • shark6

was created by shark6

Ok, so I had gotten a pre approval offer from Walmart card last year and I did not apply as I didn't think that I would apply.

I decided to go to the site last night and tempt fate and apply. I got to the 4 Lexus Nexis questions and at the last one, I meant to hit the 'next' button but I hit cancel instead. A pop up box openned up and I tried to 'x' out but it aborted the entire ap. I decided to apply again as I didn't think that it had gotten to the irquiry section yet.

I did this and got the dreaded '7day message'. I went to www.creditboards.com and looked up the backdoor # for underwriting and called them today.

I got xferred to another area which I was told was the fraud department and the lady then asked me 3 questions that were related to 2 cars that we had owned(1 currently) and about a street address.

She then said, 'congratulations, you have been approved for the Walmart Discover for $1700'. I nearly fell out of my chair and had to ask her to repeat it again to make sure that I was hearing right.

My daughter who has absolutely clean credit, with no baddies but a file less than 12mths although I have her as an authorized user on my 5yr Cap 1 card(which is what I am convinced is the reason why she has gotten so many good cards with no credit file before) was denied for a Discover Rewards card and was cast off to the HSBC Direct Rewards 18% Discover card (at least no AF) with just a measly $750 limit.

I can't believe it! I have to say that I do have a Sam's club and that Walmart pulled Equifax which is my best report with no baddies except my bad student loan.

I still can't believe it especially as the database is filled with stories of people only meager limits of $200 or less or odd amounts under $300.

Yahoo!

p.s. This also helps with my utilization. I'm going to recalculate that now.

I don't know what tier I fall into yet so not sure of the interest rate but this card won't be used to charge more than $50.
15 years 9 months ago #9