Best Buy credit cards

• Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

i already had a best buy m/c ($1100) so reading the posts i wanted a best buy store card with a higher limit so i went online and applied they said they could not offer me the store card but the m/c so now i have 2 best buy m/c second one has a $500 limit

has this happened to anyone else?

Tanyia, I did not know you could have 2 m/c's. From my experience you have a better chance getting the store cards applying in the store. Congratulations on the new card:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #46
  • Rob72830

well hello all i am in a good mood
i walked into best buy today and i just took a chance and filled out an app and BOOM! $1400 cl best buy store card.
i already have the master card also thats $300 cl
damm that feels good.
this might sound crazy but when i was waiting to hear the news it felt like you all was in the store with me watching to see what was going to happen lol.
i want to thank you all for all the help and info i dont think i would have done it without you guys.

Congratulations on the new card:cheesing:. I hope you bought something nice:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #47

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

i already had a best buy m/c ($1100) so reading the posts i wanted a best buy store card with a higher limit so i went online and applied they said they could not offer me the store card but the m/c so now i have 2 best buy m/c second one has a $500 limit

has this happened to anyone else?
15 years 9 months ago #48

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

well hello all i am in a good mood
i walked into best buy today and i just took a chance and filled out an app and BOOM! $1400 cl best buy store card.
i already have the master card also thats $300 cl
damm that feels good.
this might sound crazy but when i was waiting to hear the news it felt like you all was in the store with me watching to see what was going to happen lol.
i want to thank you all for all the help and info i dont think i would have done it without you guys.
15 years 9 months ago #49

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I'm thinking about closing this card since I have no use for it neither do I like it. I'm just keeping it for age and utilization.

Btw, it is NOT my oldest card. Thank goodness for that.
15 years 9 months ago #50

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Thats misleading for HSBC to do. It stated that for purchases made in BEstBuy I think you get 2 points for every dollar adn then theres promo points on certain merchandise and 1 point per dollar for everything else. I have yet to use the card so I havent accumulated points via the M/C.
15 years 9 months ago #51

Cireone, HSBC claims that they give you 1 pt for every dollar spent but I seriously have to doubt that. It's more like 0.5 pt for every 1 dollar spent. Now that's being robbed!

I remember spending about $1k on the best buy MC in one month and I looked at my point total and it was in the 400's. I'm either going to sockdrawer this card soon or close it before it hits the one year mark. I will lose some points but be far happier off without this card.
15 years 9 months ago #52

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I should of had patience and waited til I went to the store. I got denied online for the store card. I do however have the BestBuy M/C. you can earn rewardzone points fast but with only a $300 CL what can you really buy at BestBuy to reap the points. The annual fee is ridiculous too. Im gonna wait out til I go to the store and re-apply there, hopefully I will get approved.
15 years 9 months ago #53
  • Rob72830

Rob72830 Congrats! May I ask what your scores were?

Hi Shark6, Thank you. I don't know exactly what my real FICOs were, my EX Plus score is still at 630 and PFICO is still 646.

Mousepad, all the cards I have gotten over the last six months were: Walmart store card last month, Best Buy m/c last month, approved for BofA 99/500 card last month (waiting for it to come in) and the BB store card today. Before these cards, the last card I got was the Wamu platinum Visa in Nov. 07. When I got the BB m/c it had a cl of $300 and a/f of $59. I hope this helps you. If you do apply for it, go to the store. Dont do it online.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #54

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Hello everyone,
I just got back from Best Buy. I went ahead and took a chance. I applied for the store card and was approved for $1100

can i ask rob whats the limit on the bb mc and did you apply for any other cards in the past 6 months? and whats your scores like ?
i want to try but i am too scared cause i just got a bb master card, macys and orchard card last month.
15 years 9 months ago #55

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Rob72830 Congrats! May I ask what your scores were?
15 years 9 months ago #56
  • Rob72830

Hello everyone,
I just got back from Best Buy. I went ahead and took a chance. I applied for the store card and was approved for $1100:cheesing:. Now it has the highest cl of any card I have (well I will have it in 7-10 days). I've been wanting a new computer so I went ahead and bought one. Still have over $500 of unused credit on it plus the Rewards m/c. I didn't use the m/c but they did scan it for the rewards so I should be getting a little something extra from it. I can't remember exactly how it goes right now but after I get the new computer set up I wil look it up. Anyway, if anyone is trying to decide to apply for the store card, I say go to the store and apply. Don't do it online because when I did I was denied and got the m/c. That was about 2 weeks ago. Now you will have to excuse me while I set up my new computer.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #57

No problem :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #58

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I am about to add it to the short typing thread :laugh: Thanks bro!
15 years 9 months ago #59

Meya, R/S is the abbreviation for retail services. HSBC R/S is a sub-division of HSBC and works a lot better than HSBC card services. They report faster and give higher CL's and CLI's.
15 years 9 months ago #60