Best Buy credit cards

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

anyone know what credit score is required to get the one without the annual fee? I am interested in this card but I keep reading about the AF and it seems steep to me.
I am going to go for a jetblue amex if my credit score goes up (even though I know they are tight with there customers) I still fly jetblue alot the card makes a lot of sense to me. But anyways just wondering feedback on this
thanks
15 years 5 days ago #1

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Well, I tried my luck at calling the backdoor number. I explained that I really wanted to get a new computer in store and was denied the credit. So the rep looked p my app and said that there was delinquencies and that was the cause for the denial and that nothing could be done to revert the decision. Its kind of strange how I managed to get a BestBuy Mastercard and a Direct Rewards Discover (both issued by HSBC) with the same derogatories in my CR but cant get the BEstBuy store card. Is there something more to it that they wont say??????? The world may never know.
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

15 years 7 months ago #3

What is the backdoor number for bestbuy store card????

As for the Mastercard, I did request for a CLI and was denied. Although I havent tried the Im gonna cancel scare tactic. Im worried they might just go ahead and cancel it. Ive had the card for a year and dont want to lose it because its one of the longest ive had. IDK why HSBC doesnt give CLIs when due or for good performance. I think im gonna try the backdoor number and ask for a recon just like was stated.
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

Cireone, you should have called the Best Buy back door # and asked for a recon citing the pros of your credit report,t hat you were approved for a BB MC and that you would like to purchase a computer from them.

I would wait another 6mths before you apply for anything else.
15 years 7 months ago #5
  • Rob72830
  • Rob72830's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

GEEZ, how could I get approved for the store card. I was pre-selected for the Mastercard and was let down with the low CL and high AF. I read on the sight of the much nicer CLs and no AF of the store card. I applied online denied, I applied in-store again denied. My scores are in the 600s. I just dont know what to do to get the store card.

My scores are in the 600's also. Did you tell them you were going to buy a big ticket item if you were approved? I did. I told them if I was approved I would buy a new computer. I don't know if that helped any with the my approval but I know it didn't hurt telling them that either. About the M/C did you call them and ask if they would lower the a/f or increase the cl? At first I got the m/c with a $59 a/f and $300 limit. I called them and told them I was thinking of cancelling the card because I couldn't buy anything for $241. The csr cut the a/f in half and raised the cl to $450. You could try that if you haven't had the card too long. I hope this helps. Good luck.
15 years 7 months ago #6
  • Rob72830

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy Card and Best Buy Mastercard

Rob72830 you are right i did the same thing after reading your first best buy post, i had the BB MC (cl 300) first that i got online and when i was at the store a month later i thought about what you said and got the BB store card (cl 1400)in the store.
i also want to tell you thank you Rob72830 because of you i had the balls to apply instore for the store card and i got it.

Congratulations, mousepad. Thats a nice cl. Glad to help.:cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #7

GEEZ, how could I get approved for the store card. I was pre-selected for the Mastercard and was let down with the low CL and high AF. I read on the sight of the much nicer CLs and no AF of the store card. I applied online denied, I applied in-store again denied. My scores are in the 600s. I just dont know what to do to get the store card.
15 years 7 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

I had both Best Buy cards but I cancelled the MC because I have better cards with higher limits and better interest rates.
15 years 7 months ago #9

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

thanks fellas for the info. I will give it a shot next month (maybe). I have to get up enough nerve LOL!
mrrob
15 years 8 months ago #10

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Best Buy Card and Best Buy Mastercard

Mrrob, yes you can have both. I do. Last month I went online and applied for the store card and was approved for the M/C. About a week later I went into the store and applied for the store card and was approved. The store card is issued by HSBC Retail Services and the M/C is issued by HSBC Bank. I don't think the store card was hard to get if you go to the store and apply. Hope that helps

Rob72830 you are right i did the same thing after reading your first best buy post, i had the BB MC (cl 300) first that i got online and when i was at the store a month later i thought about what you said and got the BB store card (cl 1400)in the store.
i also want to tell you thank you Rob72830 because of you i had the balls to apply instore for the store card and i got it.
15 years 8 months ago #11
  • Rob72830

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Best Buy Card and Best Buy Mastercard

I would like to know if there is anyone on these boards who has both the Best Buy store card and the Best Buy Mastercard both offered by HSBC? I was just wondering if they allowed any card holders to hold both cards and if so was it difficult to get?
mrrob

Mrrob, yes you can have both. I do. Last month I went online and applied for the store card and was approved for the M/C. About a week later I went into the store and applied for the store card and was approved. The store card is issued by HSBC Retail Services and the M/C is issued by HSBC Bank. I don't think the store card was hard to get if you go to the store and apply. Hope that helps.:cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #12

hte site says that you can get a BestBuy Store Card with poor credit but I just got denied in-store with a 600 score. IDK what exactly HSBC looks at but Ive just about given up with them. I have the RewardZone MasterCard, and its a ridiculous card to have. They give low CL and hav an AF. Thats why I wanted to get the store card because the limits are higher and no AF. But you can have both because one is a branded credit card the other is only for the store.
15 years 8 months ago #13

Replied by mrrob on topic Best Buy Card and Best Buy Mastercard

I would like to know if there is anyone on these boards who has both the Best Buy store card and the Best Buy Mastercard both offered by HSBC? I was just wondering if they allowed any card holders to hold both cards and if so was it difficult to get?
mrrob
15 years 8 months ago #14

Replied by AmyB98 on topic Re: Best Buy credit cards

HJM,

Also, I want to eventually get to the big boys, B of A and Chase. I am wanting to eventually combine my 2 Cap 1s, but I figured I should wait until they are a year old. Also, do you know if say my limit increased to 2k on each of the Cap 1s if I can combine them if the limit on that type of C1 card is only 3k?

Thanks!
15 years 8 months ago #15