Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I will only use a card that has a rewards program. I don't want a card that doesn't have one. The only thing is that I have no real use for airline miles cards. I really don't travel much, so it would be a waste to have.
15 years 9 months ago #91

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I was looking into the rewards that Citi and BOA offers. You can redeem 50,000 points for a $500 check which I believe is a rip-off but I guess banks have to make their money too. That is why using the card that rewards you the most is the most important thing to remember at all times.
15 years 9 months ago #92

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I think it is getting very strange that some places will take only Discover or Amex and not other credit cards. Mastercard and Visa are what most people have. Not everybody sports Discover or Amex (or both like me) in thier wallets.
15 years 9 months ago #93

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Discover? WOW That's how it was at Sam's too. I think they may have started taking the visa or mastercard debit. costco will only take amex.

I Love Costco
15 years 9 months ago #94

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Sam's just started to take MC last year.
15 years 9 months ago #95
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Discover? WOW That's how it was at Sam's too. I think they may have started taking the visa or mastercard debit. costco will only take amex.
15 years 9 months ago #96

Marc's only accepts Discover. I don't know why they don't accept the others. It seemed for a while that they only accepted cash or check.
15 years 9 months ago #97

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

So they don't accept Visa, MC, or AMEX? Wow, that's strange. I don't think they know what they are doing. Most cards are either Visa or Mastercard.
15 years 9 months ago #98

I was at a Marc's and they only would accept cash, check or Discover. When I wrote my last check about 4 months ago, I didn't have a Discover card.
15 years 9 months ago #99

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I really dislike writing checks. I will write them if I have to. I remember the one time I wrote a check and a lady behind me was making all these smart remarks about how she was running really late. I was like, too bad, you shouldn't have stopped in the store to pick up 6 things.

Kinda reminds me of those Visa check card commercials on TV.:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #100

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

My job runs on a POS system and all I can say is that paper checks are such a hassle. In a typical week we get between 500 to 800 customers and 1 or 2 use a paper check. The process is long and time is of the essence. Worst is that if the check doesnt clear the system freezes for security purposes and thats a ehole other story. Credit, Debit, and Cash are teh best ways to go nowadays.
15 years 9 months ago #101

I really dislike writing checks. I will write them if I have to. I remember the one time I wrote a check and a lady behind me was making all these smart remarks about how she was running really late. I was like, too bad, you shouldn't have stopped in the store to pick up 6 things.
15 years 9 months ago #102

People don't even use debit cards anymore. Everyone is either using their current credit cards or cash. It is more convenient then writing a check though, that's for sure.
15 years 9 months ago #103

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I received that promo form Cap1 too. I dont want to pay to charge from my existing checking with another bank. Its a little stupid. Ill just use my existing debit card thats free to have.
15 years 9 months ago #104

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Good for you Meya!!! that is why I love you always on top of the game. I got an email today from Cap one offering me a debit card that gives 2 points per dollar with a 9.95 monthly fee. PICTURE THAT!!

get out of here! That is a sucker promo! Give me a break.:relieved:
15 years 10 months ago #105