Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Cool enough to make me jealous:upset:
Just kidding:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #16
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I looked at my boa statment today from the new amex card I opened an noticed they gave me a $50 credit!!! Cool. When you make a qualifiying purchase with the card this is the reward. I earned 800 points so far with it and got 50 bucks. How cool is that:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #17

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I checked with BOA to use my world points to rent a car from Avis. What I found out was the following, they charge you 5000 points per $50 of car rental. To put this into perspective, I wanted to rent a Cadillac with unlimited mileage for 5 days and would need $55,000 points to offset the price of $550. Since I don't have that many points I would have to use all my points plus give Avis $100 in order to make it happen.

Seems like to get ahead using BOA points your going to need in excess of 100,000 points to do anything meaningful. Problem is getting 100,000 points within a 5yr period before they expire :upset:
15 years 9 months ago #18

you know HJM331 they are. When I got upgraded from my World Points Visa my points followed me. The same thing will happen to you when you get yours. Thing is my friend, be wise when you redeem them.
15 years 9 months ago #19

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Smcc, are the points you get from the Bank Americard the same as WorldPoints?
15 years 9 months ago #20

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

On my Chase Flex Rewards... I get 1 point for every dollar...
I can redeem 6,000 points for $50 or 10,000 points for $100....

I guess the amts are lesser w/ BOA because your get more points the dollar?
15 years 9 months ago #21

Just checked my points total at BOA and I'm at 45,000 +. Eric's right, 50k will get you $500. What I'm worried about now is that most banks will go from the standard 25k points for a round trip ticket within the continental USA to 35k. Just when you think your right around the corner, the road might be stretched out a little further. Oh well, one transaction at a time, 1.5 points at a time................ :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #22

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Eric, I haven't heard of the accelerated rewards Visa. I thought you were the one working at BOA.:laugh:

The Americard Visa offers 1.25 pts for every dollar plus an annual bonus of 25%.

The Accelerated Rewards AMEX only offers 1.25 pts for every dollar spent.
15 years 9 months ago #23
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Thanks HJM
I like the BOFA World Points too so far but have not redeemd the points yet. I have this card but only used it for a bt. But my husband has about 2700 points says he can get a check for $15.00 for 2500.00. I also found out today you can transfer points to other eligible people with the same cards with a minimum of 2500.00 points!!!

Thats true...you can transfer the points to another WP card. Also the cashback starts at 2500 pts= $12.50, 5000 pts= $25, 7500 pts= $37.50, 10000 pts= $80 and so on and so on. 50000 pts= $500 which is the cap.

The excellerated rewards Visa and AMEX have the 1.25 pts per $1 plus the annual 25% bonus points rewarded if you have another relations with the bank like a CD, mortgage, checking account etc.

I have yet to use my OSU WP Alumni MC because I have about $3500 in BTs on this account at 0% until Feb 09
15 years 9 months ago #24

They do have gifts that you can use your points to purchase but I remember checking them out and their point requirements for each gift was insane.
15 years 9 months ago #25

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Don't Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Thanks for telling me, I never took the time out to do anything about it, but does Hooter's offer checks or purchases from them? Last time I checked online, it was mentioning something about their goods. I am not a hooters product person and do not visit the restaurant often, maybe 4 times since I had he card.
15 years 9 months ago #26

Meya, you should ask for a check from them to redeem your points instead of a Hooters gift certificate unless you like going to Hooters often.
15 years 9 months ago #27

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Well whats up with Hooter's? I have over 7,000 points and have never taken the time out to redeem any of them. Does these points expire?
15 years 9 months ago #28

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

I was thinking about getting a Vicki card. Do they send you the rewards often? By the way I did not know this but my target card gives me rewards when I use it. Never knew that!!!

I get reward points, after I think 250 you get some kind of code through the internet (e-mail) or when you make an online purchase they send you a coupon with your package. If you are upgraded, they send you the VIP credit card (which is white not pink) and a gift certificate. After every 250 points they send you a gift certificate. The company who issues the VS card is not a first time grantor of credit cards, so you need to enter a credit card number to show that you have established credit history.
15 years 9 months ago #29

Target needs to step it up with their CLI's.
15 years 9 months ago #30