Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by unicorn40 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Chase Bank has a debit Contential rewards card if you use it as a credit card.
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

You and your wife have some great cards. Hope you keep enjoying them!
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by Luv_My_Son on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

MY WIFE :cool:

She has some great reward cards that I piggy back on ( Authorized User )

( 1 ) Shell Mastercard = 5% rebate on gas, 5% rebate on Jiffy Lube purchases up to a $100 and 1% on all other purchases. All rebates show up monthly as a credit.

$6,000 Credit Limit

( 2 ) Conoco Phillips 66 76 Mastercard = 3% although I believe its 4% now on gas and 1% on all other purchases. All rebates show up monthly as a credit. We don't use this card no more because there are no Conoco Phillip 66 or 76 stations in Arizona anymore.

But it has a $6,000 credit limit so we keep it open.

( 3 ) Capital One Visa No Hassle Rewards = 1 point for every $1 spent. Points never expire. Over the long term we racked up some points and cashed them in for $50 TGIF Restaurant Gift Card and another $50 Gift Card for On The Border just here recently so that was cool.

$3,000 Credit Limit, $49 annual fee, however, last year we asked them to waive it and they did. We barely use this card anymore because we have better credit cards now.

NOW ME :cheesing:

( 1 ) Bank Of America Gold Plus Rewards Visa. This is a hotel rewards program for Country Inn Suites, Radissons and some other hotel in the Carlson Brand of Hotels that I can't think of right now.

Upon approval in May of this year I received 30,000 bonus points and a $9,800 credit limit. I receive 15 points for every dollar spent on a room reservation for Country Inn and 20 points for every dollar spent on a room reservation for Radisson. For any other charges at the hotel I get 5 points for every dollar spent.

Everyday purchases such as paying bills I get 4 points per dollar.

Plus if you book a room reservation online through the hotel's website you get 500 bonus points plus they have bonus points offers all the time.

This card is perfect for us as we love staying at Country Inn and Radissons and we travel frequently.

In just a little under 3 months we already have 52,680 points plus they haven't added my 3,000 bonus points yet for my hotel stays in May '08.

Free nights begin at 15,000 points depending on hotel and location.

No annual fee on this card. 9.99 % to 15.99 % interest. 12 Month 0% interest on balance transfers. Pay late once, go over credit limit, your done, you will pay the high default rate.

( 2 ) American Express Costco True Earnings Card

Awesome Card ! Card for Costco members only ...

3% back at gas stations except for competitor club stations such as Sam's.

We don't use the card for gas because we have the Shell Mastercard at 5% rebate.

3% on restaurant purchases including fast food.
2% on travel including hotels, cruises etc.
1% everywhere else including Costco's.

Combine this American Express Card with Costco's Executive Membership and you will receive Costco's 2% cash back plus American Express 1% cash back for Costco purchases.

Downside is you don't get the cash back until the end of the year but its still an awesome card if you shop Costco frequently for formula, diapers, bulk meat etc.

Thanks For Your Time
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by lisascakes on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

there are many schemes the companies are launching to get more customers and existing customers to use their card more. my HSBC card is giving me cash reward and cash back scheme both.
Vik

Hi Vik - please tell why you think the HSBC card rewards are schemes. I just got approved for two of their cards. Discover & Sears MC's That gives me a total of 3 HSBC cc's.
Thanks
15 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by finvik on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

there are many schemes the companies are launching to get more customers and existing customers to use their card more. my HSBC card is giving me cash reward and cash back scheme both.
Vik
15 years 8 months ago #6
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

True indeed Meya!!! Just signed up for a aadvantage card but i am unsure if i get a sign on bonus ineed to call them
15 years 8 months ago #7

I am applying for all rewards cards when I am able to get tier one cards. I feel like you, I want to be rewarded for everything I purchase and airlines will be my first pick.
15 years 8 months ago #8
  • Tynece

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Thanks Meya I posted it over there. I am getting into the whole airline reward thing now. With Aadvantage I just applied and I also have the us airways. The cool thing about the aadvantage is the free companion ticket. I am thinking to get my fiance one too so our daughters can fly for free when we purchase out tickets. REWARDS ARE THE BEST!!!
15 years 8 months ago #9

Add this to "Report Your cli's here thread!" https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?p=12750#post12750

Way to go buddie!:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #10
  • Tynece

True indeed. HJM
Update guys. Today I went to my Wachovia people and said I want an increase to do a bt and they increased me from 12000 to 15000. However it was a hard pull:worried:. Oh well. Then I called Lowes yesterday and asked for an increase the account has been open for about 3 months now. They increased it from 1000 to 1750. What a wierd number.
15 years 8 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Dont Pay Fees. Let Cards pay you! REWARDS REWARDS

Rewards are nice but a solid payment history for a decent length of time is even better.
15 years 8 months ago #12

:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #13
  • Tynece

I know hjm i said i also got 800 points for my spending. I just love BOA Meya you are funny!!! :laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #14

Tynece, the $50 statement credit is a promotion that BOA is currently running. It's not from the points you've racked up. I received the same statement credit after my first statement cut.
15 years 8 months ago #15