new member plea for updated info

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

Quick question I am yakking off at the mouth about applying for BofA secured card

You don't have to have an account with them to have a secured card but BOA does offer a free online checking with no fees. I opened one a few months back. It's not my regular bank, I just wanted to start a history with them. I'm going to wait a month, to recover from the vacation I just took :cool: (yay me!) to open a secured account with them. You can add $$ to the secured account and I believe I heard that you get a fairly decent CL when it unsecures (2 or 3 X the amount you had secured?)
15 years 9 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

I'm gonna have to call you Mama Money!!! Good advise..and thats what it is...you can take it or not...doesn't matter..it's just a choice

We're living in America.....[/quote]
Hmmmm Mama Money:embarrassed:

Ok, I'll take it!:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #2

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

KMoney, I don't think that you have to have a checking with a BofA in order to get approved for a secured card with them. I'd just apply and see what happens.

Cool Beans I will try it
15 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

KMoney, I don't think that you have to have a checking with a BofA in order to get approved for a secured card with them. I'd just apply and see what happens.
15 years 9 months ago #4

The BofA secured card is also a great card to build your credit with because it will open doors for other cards and they will unsecure your card, return your deposit, and give you a card with a nice limit.

Quick question I am yakking off at the mouth about applying for BofA secured card
15 years 9 months ago #5

The BofA secured card is also a great card to build your credit with because it will open doors for other cards and they will unsecure your card, return your deposit, and give you a card with a nice limit.

Thanks so much I am definitely going to apply for this card
15 years 9 months ago #6

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

I'm gonna have to call you Mama Money!!! Good advise..and thats what it is...you can take it or not...doesn't matter..it's just a choice
We're living in America.....
15 years 9 months ago #7

Mousepad, you already graduated when you enrolled in the network :laugh:
The main thing I like about this site began when I noticed the members date of enrollment. We all come in trying to scoop as much knowledge about credit as possible and apply for the best cards that we can get. What is so fun about it is that members begin to chat (in the lounge) and talk about other things than credit but when we see that someone comes in with questions about credit (regardless to if they were new or old), we are right here for them. Everyone (especially hjm331) start pouring out advice for the best card selection and how to stay in the right direction with our finances.

Some sites posts about credit only, but where are the friends? Some "read only" and "do not" care to help others. Here, we are one big family, have so many options to keep you focused and motivated like, chat rooms, free talk, clubs, free options to start a new thread, and most of all freedom of speech (in coordinance to FG rules). Once you start the habbit of :

1. Ontime payments
2. History
3. Utilization use
4. Rejecting the "Love Button"
5. Monitoring your credit report
6. Focus on cli's
7. Graduating from subprimed to teir one cards
8. Being patience with scores
9. Understand the difference with borrowing and how to pay back
10. Meet more friends at the Network

You become more positive about your finances and then the Network addiction has settled in so deep until you find yourself never signing out.: laugh :: laugh:

I love this network so much until I feel like there are no friends and family like the FG family. To be honest, I find myself forgetting about my credit sometimes, and my last log-in dates from my credit cards site be like 2 weeks or more apart. I have learned to trust myself and believe that I will never go down that horrible road again. Yes I said "Trust myself" because you will lie to yourself before you tell a lie to someone else. But if we believe in ourself, we have less chances of failing.
15 years 9 months ago #8

15 years 9 months ago #9
  • mousepad
  • mousepad's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

I really like this site alot. Because I took a chance and applied for a credit card. Yes it is an Orchard Bank card and the CLI is only $300 but before I was just going to apply for the BOA Secured Card because I didn't think anyone would give me a card

thats what i would do if i could start over
whatever you do choose wisely
15 years 9 months ago #10

I really like this site alot. Because I took a chance and applied for a credit card. Yes it is an Orchard Bank card and the CLI is only $300 but before I was just going to apply for the BOA Secured Card because I didn't think anyone would give me a card
15 years 9 months ago #11

Graduates like me are responsible for helping the undergraduates so they can achieve and graduate also. I do it willingly and feel a sense of pride while helping everyone out. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #12
  • mousepad
  • mousepad's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

i want to be in the graduating class of 2010:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #13

Meya , interesting thing about sock drawer cards...when I called 1st Premier Bank, I asked them when I pay off the card could i pay the monthly fee in full for the year. They said no it does not work that way. If I don't pay the $6 monthly fee , there would be nothing to report to the CB's....now I see why...good advise..

Right on buddie! Sometimes we have to pay more to get back on track, this will all be over when we are teir one only. I am just glad I learned about the signature cards, that is something that I am not going to apply for. But see, the good credit people do not worry about scores like we do because they know that they have good history, high limits, and do not care what their scores are because they are already in the high 700's and 800's. They might as well move over because FG is going to be graduating thousands pretty soon.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #14

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: new member plea for updated info

OK here is where i stand as of now i have
cap1 at 1000 1yr
Aspen at 750 1yr
Macy's 300 this month
best buy 300 this month
orchard 300 this month still waiting for it in the mail and i don't think i am going to keep it.

Experian 629
Equifax 548
TransUnion 576

Mousepad...when you get that Orhard card and the limit is not to your liking, call them and tell them you want to cancel...When they ask why, tell them the CL is too low. The customer service rep will then transfer you to a manager in the Finance Dept...he will try to keep your business and offer you an increase in the CL. This just worked for my brother, he got the card with a $300 limit and $59 annual fee. They up his CL to $500, hope this helps!! Keep Hope alive!!:embarrassed:
15 years 9 months ago #15