• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: when to apply for credit

5/20/2009
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: when to apply for credit

You go Kmoney! The limit does not matter, that is how we all started and this is the road to higher cli's from those card and future cards.

Thanks Meya
15 years 9 months ago #2
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

You go Kmoney! The limit does not matter, that is how we all started and this is the road to higher cli's from those card and future cards.
:white-flag:

We are so glad that you found us!
15 years 9 months ago #3

1-2 weeks

Received my Cap1 in the mail yesterday Woo Hoo!
15 years 9 months ago #4
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I noticed that! I am a halt with store cards anyway. I have the all ones that I shop at so I guess I am in the clear with citi. Oh by the way, the also back Icon Fitness or HC credit services.
15 years 9 months ago #5

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: when to apply for credit

Hey, I heard Fg speak about citi being Macy's backer but I was flipped when I heard it because citi will not give me a student nor regular card but they let me have a dept store card.

Citi banks a buch of store cards. Staples home depot office dpot bloomingdales macys phillips sunoco and a buch more furniture store cards sears
15 years 9 months ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Target has it's own bank so they don't have a big bank underwriting their card. On the other hand, Macy's card is backed by Citi which is a big bank and they are usually generous with CLI's. Maybe that has something to do with Target's low CL's.

Hey, I heard Fg speak about citi being Macy's backer but I was flipped when I heard it because citi will not give me a student nor regular card but they let me have a dept store card.
15 years 9 months ago #7

Edited
15 years 9 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: when to apply for credit

I like them both but you are right about Macy's because they are generous with their CLIs but I always see people having a low CLI with Target

Target has it's own bank so they don't have a big bank underwriting their card. On the other hand, Macy's card is backed by Citi which is a big bank and they are usually generous with CLI's. Maybe that has something to do with Target's low CL's.
15 years 9 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: when to apply for credit

How long does it take before you get a response from Capital One?

1-2 weeks
15 years 9 months ago #10

i would much rather have macy than target

I like them both but you are right about Macy's because they are generous with their CLIs but I always see people having a low CLI with Target
15 years 9 months ago #11

How long does it take before you get a response from Capital One?
15 years 9 months ago #12

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: when to apply for credit

i like Target ..but want a Macy's card..don't want to hit my credit yet. I want to apply in Dec. I have , 1st Premier Gold & Plat, Two orchard Bank cards, Target, Hooters, Fingerhut, Salute, Tribute, and a AU on a CapOne. That would make 10 accounts..however all total about $3000 in total credit..(small lines on credit)My scores went up from 502 to 615 in the past 8 months...My goal is to purchase my house , then close Both 1st Premier Card and one of the Orchard cards...in the next year I hope.
15 years 9 months ago #13

Replied by maxepic on topic Re: when to apply for credit

i would much rather have macy than target
15 years 9 months ago #14

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: when to apply for credit

That is what I am doing. Letting my credit cards age, and paying them down or off. I just want them paid off my next year. I hope that my credit score will recover the 20 point drop. I know that it would be the best way to regain the 20+ point drop. It was 736 now it is 702.
15 years 9 months ago #15