Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

• Rockin35
  • Rockin35's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

So far I haven't recieved an increase yet and I've had my card for almost a year now. But I would attribute creditors not increasing limits due to the economic recovery process. I would say, sit tight...and probably by the end of this year, it will come.

Rockin35
14 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

got capital one with a $2000 limit..and crown jewelers with $2500...yeah I know beware of them...but it helps the utilization...
my other cards are $300 limits and one with hooters with a $700 limit..
has anyone gotten a yearly increase from hooters lately?
I got my account april 2008 and got increase feb 2009 statement..I was hoping since my year has passed I may see another increase on my may statement..but who knows with this economy.
14 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

so I am correct to say I am in the toilet to apply for washington mutual or providian.?
I actually did have an account with providian years back that was paid perfectly and then I closed it when I had gotten another card..it actually still shows on my credit report with all the on time payments ...but it has been there like 5 years and probably with fall off soom.
do you reccommend any others I can try that didn't get bought out by chase or citibank, gemb is also out...had a few I included in bk that they owned.
basically I had them all so this rebuilding and have credit cards again with some good limits is going to be tough for me.

Have you tried Capital One?
14 years 11 months ago #3

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

so I am correct to say I am in the toilet to apply for washington mutual or providian.?
I actually did have an account with providian years back that was paid perfectly and then I closed it when I had gotten another card..it actually still shows on my credit report with all the on time payments ...but it has been there like 5 years and probably with fall off soom.
do you reccommend any others I can try that didn't get bought out by chase or citibank, gemb is also out...had a few I included in bk that they owned.
basically I had them all so this rebuilding and have credit cards again with some good limits is going to be tough for me.
14 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

I agree...this is definately going to kill me...
I want to of course apply for cards that are not the same bank that I bankrupted on..and now that they all keep merging they merge with banks I bankrupted on and leaving me with little options to apply for.

anyone know banks that haven't merged?
I didn't have barkleys/juniper and I have a hooters card.
I didn't have boa but doesn't matter they blacklist bk people
I had chase but doesn't matter either they blacklist bk people who weren't ever their customers.
my options are getting smaller and smaller
anyone know who recently merged with chase? like within the last year?

Chase last year absorbed Washington Mutual bank to which Washington Mutual absorbed Providian bank a few years earlier.
14 years 11 months ago #5

I agree...this is definately going to kill me...
I want to of course apply for cards that are not the same bank that I bankrupted on..and now that they all keep merging they merge with banks I bankrupted on and leaving me with little options to apply for.

anyone know banks that haven't merged?
I didn't have barkleys/juniper and I have a hooters card.
I didn't have boa but doesn't matter they blacklist bk people
I had chase but doesn't matter either they blacklist bk people who weren't ever their customers.
my options are getting smaller and smaller
anyone know who recently merged with chase? like within the last year?
14 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

Someone else posted something similar to what you just said Rockin, we were discussing issues about how you file bk with bank A, and when you are about to start rebuilding with bank B , bank B says NO because you bk'd with them years ago. Here is the flip side, Bank A merged with Bank B so now that is 2 banks you are denied by. I think you are right, companies are merging more than ever.:confused:
14 years 11 months ago #7
  • Rockin35

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

Yeah, somethin's up!! I think they might be merging or maybe the same card servicer has designed the new BMW Card website to mirror the Hooters Card page. They both look similar now as well. I dunno... these days everyone's merging with everybody else.

Rockin35
14 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

There has to been a connection between the two or else you would've gotten an error message saying something like "invalid username/password".
14 years 11 months ago #9
  • Rockin35

Thanks Meya,

I thought I was going insane..... I thought my PC was being highjacked or something. Anyways, I'm gonna google this subject again, we may be seeing the beginning of a "NEW" transition.. LOL. It appears that more and more companies are merging. Rockin35!
14 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Merrick Bank (Hooters MC) & BMW Financial (Visa)

That is a good question, I strongly believe they are affiliated because I have done the same thing with Barclays bank, if you put your user and pwd in any of their accounts on-line, it will direct you to what ever card you have. This goes for HSBC also, I have heard someone else talking about his on another site. I would call them and ask to see what they say, if they say they are affiliated, please come back and put the feedback in this thread. This is some good info.
14 years 11 months ago #11
  • Rockin35

was created by Rockin35

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone heard whether or not if there is a "common" servicers for both Merrick Bank (issuers for Hooters MC) & BMW Financial Services (BMW Visa Card). I tried logging into my BMW Visa card online and I accidentally used the user name for my Hooters MC (have the same pwd for both) and sure enough...it routed me to my Hooters MC Acct, even though I was on the BMW Visa Card login page.

Well, anyways, I googled it but didn't find anything....

Rockin35!
14 years 11 months ago #12