Replied by Meya on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

We are all prayin for ya!:cool:
15 years 4 months ago #16
  • rwmtd
  • rwmtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Meya, ColoNative and Cierone thanks for the comments. I did acutally call the number that is listed on the back of my Rewards660 card and apparently they forwarded it to the number that they sent in the email.

They have shut down their website and when I called the 800 number it stated that if the card holder "qualified" they would be issued a Master card in a few days. I tried calling MetaBank and they had no information at this time. I'll just have to wait and see.:scared:

TIA,
rwmtd
15 years 4 months ago #17

ColoNative, your opinion matters here bro. And I do agree with that.

rwmtd, actually MetaBank has 2 Visa and 1 Master card for personal financing and it is offered in South Dakota and Iowa. These types of banks I try not to apply for because usually they approve applicants according to their demographic area's. The bank originated back in 1954 by a man named Stanley Haar, who went in with his friends and they all pitched in $10k( which has now turned into a $10 billion dollar assets).

Now that was a lot of money back then. I noticed that his Mission Statement was very short and since it is the year 2008, they would have came up with some more pledge about the company. I liked the fact that he quoted "People don't change banks everyday, but their life and financial changes does...."

http://www.metabankonline.com/Main.aspx?MenuName=PersonalFinance.ProductsServices.CreditCards

Maybe the bank is trying to get more business and if that is so, they had to start from somewhere. But with Rewards660...YUK! Hey, maybe it will turn out a good deal because they can not expect to find Rewards660 customers with no flaws in their report. They probably have something good in store for the cardholders.:worried:
15 years 4 months ago #18

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Weird, I think these subprime lenders are getting out of the business because of the upcoming regulations to the credit card industry. That is another reason why so many lenders are increases APR's right now is because they are trying to get it in before the new rules come out. America is way too pro-debtor but that is just my opinion.
15 years 4 months ago #19

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Reward660 Credit Program Transferred

Well, I percieved my email as do not make any new charges until the tranfser is completed. IDK what their intentions are but isnt MetaBank knwn for secured cards???
15 years 4 months ago #20

A lot of creditors change their financial backers. I remeber when Chevron did that a couple of months ago and went to GEMB, and LaneBrayant went to Spirit of America. That's pretty normal, but as far as suspending charge privllages, that sounds scary unless the transformation will cause a temporary shut down for all carholders.:worried: That is something to look at, I would call them and ask why. I am nosey so they will have to give me a reason where I can understand it, not through a paper with a size 2 font.
15 years 4 months ago #21
  • rwmtd
  • rwmtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

was created by rwmtd

Ok, first let me start by saying that I know that this is the lowest of the low credit cards but I got this card "before" I joined the FG network. Well, I received an email letting me know that they Dakota Bank aka "Rewards 660" was transferring all of their credit card accounts to MetaBank and that all charging priviledges were being suspened until further notice.

Well, I do think this is a signal for me to pay off the little balance that I do have with them and CUT IT UP. :upset: Anyway, I do have my BofA secured card.
15 years 4 months ago #22