BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

Replied by CG101 on topic Re: BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

50K points got me the $500 while 25K points got me the airline ticket. Like you I used to use my Card to buy groceries, pay insurance, cell phone, and what ever might crop up, i.e., New Washer/Dryer, car repair, etc.. I'm sure you realize that an airline ticket leaving at the times you want now cost you in the range of 35K to 46K points.

What makes my Signature Cards more valuable than the points is travel specials that mght be offered, car rental deals, discounts at stated restaurants, etc.. What I try to do is compare the deals between my Visa Signatures and my AMEX card, points are points.

Nah I hear you. Based on what I read here, I am probably a number of years away from bothering BOA with a Sgnature upgrade. What I may end up doing though is waiting 4 years so I can use my unexperied points on WP and then asking for the upgrade. (I don't think points are transferable). Points are definitely points and it's nice that I have cards that give them. I like that I have $50 in points if I so wish, even though I won't cash them until my five year mark...about 4 and a half to go. I doubt I will ever have 175k....I think at best I might have 75-90k...but that's about it. No Vegas suites for me or chillin' with Joe Montana at his vineyard (that would be ----in' cool though).
14 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by smcc on topic Re: BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

50K points got me the $500 while 25K points got me the airline ticket. Like you I used to use my Card to buy groceries, pay insurance, cell phone, and what ever might crop up, i.e., New Washer/Dryer, car repair, etc.. I'm sure you realize that an airline ticket leaving at the times you want now cost you in the range of 35K to 46K points.

What makes my Signature Cards more valuable than the points is travel specials that mght be offered, car rental deals, discounts at stated restaurants, etc.. What I try to do is compare the deals between my Visa Signatures and my AMEX card, points are points.
14 years 10 months ago #2

Worldpoints aren't that bad. I have purchased an airline ticket and cashed them (points) for cash ($500).

Was that 25000 or 50000 points? (I don't feel like signing in and looking it up) Assuming I'm right, that's $25000 to $50000 you had to spend throughout the course to get a free airline ticket.

In defense of that, it's $500 you didn't have to spend out of pocket...and without the WP card, one would have had to. I will probably do the same in 4 years (go to Vegas, or something). Since I got coverted, I have 5000 points and I'm on par to have 10000-12000 by year end. I basically use the card for groceries, insurance, cell phone, stuff that I would have normally bought. The washer dryer and one other emergency was probably the only thing that helped get me the points I got.

Their reward structure is pretty much nothing to write home about, but I do like the fact that I have it. Better than the regular Platinum Plus Visa. :cheesing:
14 years 10 months ago #3

Yes they will be the same.............
14 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by rabbit713 on topic Re: BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

hey will the worldpoints be the same as this on the bank of america Visa Signature? i just called BoA to convert my platinum plus visa to a visa signature with worldpoints.
14 years 10 months ago #5

Worldpoints aren't that bad. I have purchased an airline ticket and cashed them (points) for cash ($500).
14 years 10 months ago #6

I agree with you, CG101. Now that I have obtained better rewards card, I don't like their rewards program.

I decided to say ---- it and just see if I could qualify for Chase Freedom and CitiForward. If ONE of them shows me love out of those two I will be happy. Three cards with decent limits would really be enough for me. (And by decent, I mean at least $1000+

I've had a Citi card for a year now ($300 ExxonMobil gas card, that I'm considering closing because it's tiny, but since there is not annual fee, and I use it at minimum once a month, it ain't hurting nobody). Surely they can show me love. Heck, I even paid them back after I messed up more than 11 years ago. I think my penance is paid.
14 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by Meya on topic Re: BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

:shocked: :shocked: Bro is back! :white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #8
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: BofA Worldpoints Bonus Points

I agree with you, CG101. Now that I have obtained better rewards card, I don't like their rewards program.
14 years 10 months ago #9

I have the BofA AMEX with WorldPoints rewards. I receive 1 point for every dollar spent. I went through the WorldPoints Mall to see what stores offer bonus points. Staples offered 4 bonus points for every $1. I made a purchase of $70 and I got the 70 points but when am I supposed to receive the bonus points? I accessed the Staples website through the WorldPoints Mall website.

Man, between that and "Add It Up", I am going to be inclined to say that both probably are horrible. I have Worldpoints also, but I won't be touching those points til probably 5 years before they expire.

I use the "Add it up" to buy stuff for my dog from Petsmart, and some other stuff. They will pay you the percentage, but you gotta wait WEEEKS to see those couple of dollars. Makes it not even worth the trouble. I had bought my washer and dryer from Home Depot using add it up and World Points.....I got (FINALLY) the 40 bucks, but I'm supposed to get a Bonus 40 that STILL hasn't come to me.

I act like I NEED their few cents, but in reality, it's not worth the trouble to wait it out like that. If it aint quick, I don't need it.
14 years 10 months ago #10
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by hjm331

I have the BofA AMEX with WorldPoints rewards. I receive 1 point for every dollar spent. I went through the WorldPoints Mall to see what stores offer bonus points. Staples offered 4 bonus points for every $1. I made a purchase of $70 and I got the 70 points but when am I supposed to receive the bonus points? I accessed the Staples website through the WorldPoints Mall website.
15 years 11 months ago #11