Citibank

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Citibank

Way too go man, I am excited for you. Have you decided if you want to change the card to a reward card?

I have narrowed down my choices and it's between these two cards:

Citi Platinum Select-No rewards=low interest rate and BT offers

Citi Forward-It will be a PIF so might as well take rack up some points

I'm in need of a BT card so might as well go with the Platinum Select because at the end of the day, a BT offer will save me a lot more money than all the rewards I earn.
14 years 3 months ago #61

anything CIti sucks.. does anyone have the Sunoco card? I got it $800 limit I wonder if they do auto increase

Isn't that a gas card? If you think about it, why would someone need to buy more than $400 worth of gas every month? If you are a truck driver, that's a different story.
14 years 3 months ago #62

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

Hey Colonative I remember you mentioning you like the old Citi Bank logo and i found a site that shows you credit cards from the past and it had one with a pro football team om it and I do remember that old logo, it was pretty cool looking back then.
14 years 3 months ago #63

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Citibank

January statement closed on Tuesday. Two more statements to go until my Citi Secured card graduates.

Way too go man, I am excited for you. Have you decided if you want to change the card to a reward card?
14 years 3 months ago #64

anything CIti sucks.. does anyone have the Sunoco card? I got it $800 limit I wonder if they do auto increase

I love Citibank-I have three Citibank cards. Why do you say they "suck?" What products do you have with them?
14 years 3 months ago #65

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Re: Citibank

14 years 3 months ago #66

January statement closed on Tuesday. Two more statements to go until my Citi Secured card graduates.
14 years 3 months ago #67

Yeah, I'm definitely going to make it my "everyday" card. I believe for new accounts, you have to wait about 5-6 months until the "request a credit line increase" option shows up under tools and services and it's every 3-4 months after that.

The thing I love about Citi is that you can see your statement on the same day that it closes and the report the new statement info shows up on my reports the very next day.

The thing that I hate about them is that it takes them longer to post transactions than other lenders.

I know, I love how they report to the bureaus right away after the cycle date. I learned that a long time ago, so I always pay off my balance before the cycle date so it reports lower usage.

You are right, it does seem to take longer for purchases to post the account-except before a cycle date. Sometimes I will try to sneak a purchase in the day before and it somehow always manges to post.
14 years 4 months ago #68

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Citibank

Hey hey hey... everything you have said about Citi is exactly what has happened to me. I have had the Citicard Platinum Select Mastercard for six months now, and they are doing what you said and they are slow to post.
14 years 4 months ago #69

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Citibank

Yeah, I'm definitely going to make it my "everyday" card. I believe for new accounts, you have to wait about 5-6 months until the "request a credit line increase" option shows up under tools and services and it's every 3-4 months after that.

The thing I love about Citi is that you can see your statement on the same day that it closes and the report the new statement info shows up on my reports the very next day.

The thing that I hate about them is that it takes them longer to post transactions than other lenders.

You will like Citi when you get unsecured, my card went from 4k to 10k+ in 7 months with heavy usage and is the number one card in my wallet.
14 years 4 months ago #70

14 years 4 months ago #71

Three more statements left for my Citi secured card to unsecure! I can't wait to see what limit they're going to start me off with. I have been using the card heavily and will be expecting to see some nice CLI's down the road.

Excellent! They will probably start you off at $1,000 or $1,500-but remember, every 5-6 months you can request a CLI on their website. The more you use it, the higher the CLI's.
14 years 4 months ago #72

Three more statements left for my Citi secured card to unsecure! I can't wait to see what limit they're going to start me off with. I have been using the card heavily and will be expecting to see some nice CLI's down the road.
14 years 4 months ago #73

Anything Citi* is crap, they rip all there customers off one way or another..

...so do the other banks.
14 years 4 months ago #74

Replied by rlee1918 on topic Re: Citibank

Anything Citi* is crap, they rip all there customers off one way or another..
14 years 4 months ago #75