CIti Select AAdvantage American Express

Replied by gersh on topic Re: CIti Select AAdvantage American Express

thanks thomas!
15 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: CIti Select AAdvantage American Express

I'll see ya up there in a few years! lol
15 years 6 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: CIti Select AAdvantage American Express

Mines are going to drop like flies next year. the current ones are sooooo little across all three. I want to have a clean inq report and be debt free by that time. I kjow my scores are going to be all up in the 700 club then...lol
15 years 6 months ago #3

I have to wait 2 years for my inquiries to fall off before I apply for other cards.
15 years 6 months ago #4

Said I was scared and less than a few hours, I applied. I have some faith somewhere in there bro. If I get denied, I guess I will be letting folks on the credit reviews know......Don't do it if you got this......everyone is not that lucky when it comes down to having baddies and getting approved. I know they are going to run some carpet for me next year. Oh man, that is when I am going to apply in style and confidence.
15 years 6 months ago #5

I wish you the best of luck. :cheesing:
15 years 6 months ago #6

Ooooooh! Oh well, I am still scared:scared:
15 years 6 months ago #7

No, I applied for the secured card in a different application. I sent my app along with other required info through certified mail along with a check for $200 in order them to open my account.
15 years 6 months ago #8

So wait a minute, you applied for the regular card first and then they counter-offered you with a secured card? See this is what I am afraid of, if they are going to deny me a regular card, I might as well go to bofa for the secured card. AT least I know that they are right by my house and I have been banking with them every since I was 18 yrs old. Now that is some dusty years on my back with them.
15 years 6 months ago #9

The reason why I like BOA a lot more than Citi is because BOA helped me start building credit last year. They issued my second oldest credit card and I currently carry two prime cards. They have been generous enough to trust me with two of the cards I have now. The only thing Citi approved me for was a secured card. Go figure.

BOA Worldpoints Visa $2k CL
BOA Worldpoints AMEX $1.5k CL
Citi secured M/C $200 CL :upset:
15 years 6 months ago #10

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: CIti Select AAdvantage American Express

Hey Gersh,

Congrats on that approval!! You will love Citi. In my opinion, and i have 3 accounts, and have been with them for 24 years, and i'm 45 now. You will love the AA Amex with them. Off the top of my head, i can tell you that you earn points for every dollar you spend which can be applied toward purchases for tickets, etc. with American. If you travel and fly alot, this is a great card to have. As far as more specific benefits on this card, read the info on Finance Network, or check with Citi.

As far as the bank, they have awesome customer service, and give very generous credit limit increases usually every 4-6 mos, and usually automatic. Just make sure you don't carry high balances on the account, as Citi likes low utilization. Try to pay in full each month, or if you can't, carry no more than 30% of a balance on the card. With your limit of 6k, your balance at billing should never exceed 1800.00. Keeping your balance low will give you better chances of increases. Be sure to read your card agreement with them as some things are in fine print. This is one card to enjoy, Congrats!
15 years 6 months ago #11

was created by gersh

Just got approved for the Citi Select AAdvantage American Express w/ $6000 CL. Anyone have any experience w/ this card...CLI's, problems, perks, etc?
15 years 6 months ago #12