When did you get your first Credit Card?

Replied by Cassandra on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

What exactly is a Buckle Card I am curious to know as well?

It is a store card. for The Buckel store.
11 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by AlbertDisuza11 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

When I was in 22, then I got my first one. And, very next week I use this in shopping and get enough bill in same month. Then, I strict myself and using very carefully.
11 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by kdb030609 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

It was in 1989 I got a Citibank Visa card w/$1,000 CL.
13 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

I got my first credit card in September, 2008 from West Coast Bank. The issuer was Elan Financial Services. I got the "College Rewards" card with an initial $1k limit.
13 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Meya on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

Belt Buckle perhaps!:dumbfounded:
14 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

I keep hearing about this Buckle Card? What is it??? lol... Mine was when I was 18 and it was a Macys card ($150 limit)....

What exactly is a Buckle Card I am curious to know as well?
14 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

My first credit card I got was in Sept of 1996 I was a senior in high school, it was a JC Penny's charge account, that was back when they had their own finance company, back before GEMB, it had a $200.00 credit line, then about 4 months later I applied for a L S Ayers Charge account, $200.00 limit as well, then The Buckle, $300.00 Limit, then Stage Stores, now Peebles, it was like $450.00, the I got a Marshall Fields, Target, Hudsons, then after a year of begging a Norwest Bank Classic Visa Card with a $1000.00 limit, but it wasnt until my mother cosigned for me to get an installment loan to pay off all the above charge accounts that I was able to get a auto loan through NBD Bank back in May of 1999 to purchase my first vehicle

I keep hearing about this Buckle Card? What is it??? lol... Mine was when I was 18 and it was a Macys card ($150 limit)....
14 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

My first credit card I got was in Sept of 1996 I was a senior in high school, it was a JC Penny's charge account, that was back when they had their own finance company, back before GEMB, it had a $200.00 credit line, then about 4 months later I applied for a L S Ayers Charge account, $200.00 limit as well, then The Buckle, $300.00 Limit, then Stage Stores, now Peebles, it was like $450.00, the I got a Marshall Fields, Target, Hudsons, then after a year of begging a Norwest Bank Classic Visa Card with a $1000.00 limit, but it wasnt until my mother cosigned for me to get an installment loan to pay off all the above charge accounts that I was able to get a auto loan through NBD Bank back in May of 1999 to purchase my first vehicle :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

6/17/2009
14 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

I was about 19. People on my college dorm was getting $1000 credit limits
15 years 8 months ago #10

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

Hmm, let me see...I think I was about 22 when I got my first credit card and it was with JCPenny. I bought a leather coat with sheep shearing :cheesing:. Yeah don't laugh that was the style back in the day.:laugh:
15 years 8 months ago #11

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

Hmm I was a little younger when I got my ccs and did not do well at all. Years have passed and I learned about rebuilding my credit and now I am back with 2 ccs and am very pleased with the outcome so far
15 years 8 months ago #12

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

I was 18 last year when I got my first credit card. It was from Capital One and they started me off with $500. Now I'm at $3,550 after combining it with another Capital One card.
15 years 8 months ago #13

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

I was 19 when i got my first credit card. I forget the name but the store has since gone out of business
15 years 8 months ago #14

Replied by tanyia on topic Re: When did you get your first Credit Card?

well let me tell you
i was 19 years old when i acquired my Mervyns card this was my first then I was hit ny the bug not long after i got a JC Penneys, circuit city, lerner, lane bryant, went to the credit union to open a savings account they gave a credit card and a line of credit

then it went down hill from there i could not pay all of these people back the worst was the line of credit they put a judgement on my credit report and i could not get a thing

its a lot better now though:relieved:
15 years 8 months ago #15