Need help finding a new credit card

• kmurillo
  • kmurillo's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by kmurillo on topic Re: Need help finding a new credit card

Thank you for the info! I just applied for the US Bank Cash Signature Card, so I'm hoping I get approved, they said to check back in 2 days for a decision. I know so many people that get approved after a CH 7 and with the CH 13 I offered to pay back my creditors but they closed the accounts before I had a chance. I was able to still continue paying on one which I paid off and closed. Learned my lesson not to co-sign for a relative as I had perfect credit before the BK. I do get Barclay offers but I looked at it as another Credit One bank card, with a low limit. After talking with Experian, they told me I needed a higher credit limit to get my score back to 700. Plus I want a higher limit in case of an emergency. This whole process has been nerve racking as I was used to getting approved for anything. Discover was the next one I was going to apply for if US Bank denied me but I'll take a look a Barclay too. Thanks again!
9 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: Need help finding a new credit card

Looking to apply for a new credit card with a higher limit. I currently have credit one bank CC with a CL $1,000, they only increase $250 every 6 months based on your a good payment history which I do. They don't increase when you request. I pay the balance off every month. I'm very studious with my credit report in that I subscribe to all three credit bureaus. I had a BK 13 in 2009 and it was discharged in Sept. 2012. My credit score is currently is Trans

(Just solely based on my own experiences) Your scores are great by with the Ch 13 still reporting, I think US Bank and Discover may do an automatic decline. That's not to say that if you called their reconsideration lines that they wouldn?t possibly reconsider given your higher scores, strong payment history since the BK and low utilization. Have you tried another credit union in your area? In my area we have a few that are really strict too, as much as the banks can be, but then we have a few that work with people more. Also, have you considered a Barclay Credit Card? There good for starting out with decent limits, at least 2K and with low utilization and good payment history they are good in increases. Check other reviews on credit cards on this site, most will tell you what their score was when they applied, if they were approved and the starting CL.
9 years 2 months ago #2
  • kmurillo
  • kmurillo's Avatar Topic Author

was created by kmurillo

Looking to apply for a new credit card with a higher limit. I currently have credit one bank CC with a CL $1,000, they only increase $250 every 6 months based on your a good payment history which I do. They don't increase when you request. I pay the balance off every month. I'm very studious with my credit report in that I subscribe to all three credit bureaus. I had a BK 13 in 2009 and it was discharged in Sept. 2012. My credit score is currently is Trans: 784, Experian: 684 and Equifax: 685. I have two inquiries about to fall off next month. I understand Transunion has a different scoring model and Experian just changed theres. I spoke to a credit advisor at Experian and they told me to apply for another credit card with a higher limit as this was hurting my score. I have only 4 loans: mortgage, 2 school loans, and the one credit card. Clean payment history. I need help finding a new card but terrified of getting declined. Would like a card with CL of $3,000-$5,000. What card should I apply for with the criteria I gave you? I was looking at US Bank and Discover It as they had good reviews on your site but not totally sure. I currently belong to the Golden One Credit Union but I know they have strict standards on credit card approvals. Thanks so much for your help!
9 years 2 months ago #3